By laurel

Re: The Wonders of...

Mar 21, 2013 - in Collector's Marketplace
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/32109110124 ... _trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Anyone noticed this auction?
This Hobbit has been advertised 3 times and every times it appears to sell it gets readvertised almost instantly afterwards!?!?!?
Wonder what is going on there then

Mar 21, 2013 - in Collector's Marketplace
From Scotland
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Shirrif

I have noticed. Exactly the same photograph & same description. When it happened once I just thought the original sale had fallen through; non-payment, etc. But, as you say, it's now been listed multiple times, so payment failure seems unlikely. All in, a bit suspicious...

BH

Mar 22, 2013 - in Collector's Marketplace
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship

This seller has been on my radar for quite some time.

Mar 24, 2013 - in Collector's Marketplace
From Scotland
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Shirrif

Here's another one:

J.R.R .Tolkien, The Hobbit 1st Deluxe, 1976 edition w/slipcase (eBay ID: frank55550_0)

This listed just three days ago (The seller has relisted this item or one like this), but it's unclear if this is the same copy. (EDIT: The seller has just confirmed it is the same copy, relisted due to non-payment.)

There is also another copy, just about to end, with a suspiciously similar photograph:

The Hobbit or There and Back Again Deluxe Edition 1976 1st Impression (eBay ID: lukysingh2013)

Nice books, but look at how similar those photos are below.

BH

By laurel

Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship

Yep
maybe we need to keep a list of these ?
Why would you relist within 1 days / 3days etc . There is no way the ebay resolution process has taken place thus these sellers have lost there fees ? Why would you anyone do that ?
It just doesnt sound right?

From Scotland
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Shirrif

Indeed. Some buyers might not even have paid within three days (never mind any kind of resolution being required) --& this would be perfectly normal/commonplace you'd think. So it's hard to think of why it's been turned around this quickly.

BH

Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship

I also emailed this seller and pointed out that the first winning non-payer (as he told me) had also been the winning bidder second time around and also the winning bidder on other non book items he had recently sold. He told me to make an offer and that he would not let the book go for a pittance. Let the buyer beware!

By laurel

Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship

Have you reported him Roccondil
I know this course of actions sometimes seems pointless but better than nothing i say

Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship

Yes, but I do not expect anything to happen.

By Jlong

Mar 26, 2013 - in Collector's Marketplace
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship

Quality...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Smaug-the-hob ... rints&hash=item2a2b06f73b

1 ... 92 93 (94) 95 96 ... 161
All original content © 2018 by the submitting authors. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | Contact Us