Tolkien Collector's Guide
Dummy Silmarillion

Dummy Silmarillion

Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship

Some time ago, I bought an unusal "dummy" Silmarillion - a mock-up for Book Club Associates. The pages are all blank, but there are some interesting labels. In response to a couple of questions, I thought I would post photos of these (and of the cover) here. This is the first time I've tried posting photos here, so I hope it works ...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

- wellinghall

Fixed the images - Trotter

Re: Dummy Silmarillion

From Essex, England
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Shirrif

Is there anything on the spine?

Thanks for posting this, very interesting.

Andrew

Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship

Hi Trotter

No, there's nothing on the spine.

Regards

- wellinghall

From Scotland
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Shirrif

When are you going to sell me it?

BH

You drive a hard bargain – you can have it for £10 all-in – one consolation (for you) is that you do not have to hear the cries of my children, for bread...

Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship

Khamul, I'd love a flight in an English Electric Lightning from Thunder City ... if you would like to pay for that, then we'd be talking ...

- wellinghall

From Scotland
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Shirrif

Unfortunately the Thunder City website doesn't have a lot of prices! --funny that. I suppose this all depends on whether you think you got a bargain back in 2006 (when you bought it) or whether you overpaid for it? Not sure what you think. Hmmm... I don't think I'd have paid what you paid for it. So I guess I'm going to have to keep saving the pennies, and try and at least match that price one of these days; then see whether you're up for parting with it...

BH

You drive a hard bargain – you can have it for £10 all-in – one consolation (for you) is that you do not have to hear the cries of my children, for bread...

All original content © 2018 by the submitting authors. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | Contact Us