What should I spend my £100 on- just for fun
1 2 3 (4) 5 6 ... 8

Re: What should I spend my £100 on- just for fun

From Scotland
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Shirrif

Are you getting the RK 1st/4th for £30? That sounds awful good too. But, another RK will always come around (altho' doubtful at this price) --will the others? Sometimes it's worthwhile buying the rarities when the opportunity arises; you might not see another copy for a while. I'd buy RK personally...

BH

By laurel

Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship

another good debate

I agree with Khamul. The RoK would be my choice. This being said I personally would rather save my money until i could afford a first impression (can get for £300 with wrapper if patient) or maybe buy a first w/o a d/w (circa £50) and then get a copy d/w (circa £25) to complete. I know the latter is not everyones cup of tea but with a different option.

'Sometimes it's worthwhile buying the rarities when the opportunity arises'

Great advise and dont hesitate. I have lost out on some great offers including a 1963 deluxe LOTR set for £400 only last year because i messed around. So if ROK is a good buy go for it.

By remy

Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship

Hi Onónion,

The Iuliene in the photo is rebound. I have attached a few pictures in original (softcover) binding.

11_4c84de1761c20.jpg 640X480 px

11_4c84de2188f86.jpg 640X480 px

11_4c84de29ed2d4.jpg 640X480 px

11_4c84de33781c8.jpg 640X480 px

From Belgium
Group:
Shirefolk

Laurel I have lost out on some great offers including a 1963 deluxe LOTR set for £400 only last year because i messed around.

Something like that happened to me also. About two-three years ago, I had the chance to buy a Dutch first impression of The Fellowship of the Ring, signed by Tolkien for about €75, I think. I doubted because it was an ex-library copy (without d/j), in bad condition and wasn't too sure about the signature (I was rather a 'newbie' back then), and it was quite a lot of money for me back then. So I let it slip out of my hands, just like that.
A year ago, I was searching Beren's website and in his shop I saw that same book, for about €1800!
I cursed myself to hell. I could have had one of the very few - if not the sole! - signed Dutch Tolkien books.

But too bad, such things happen (although I hope they never do anymore ).

Edit/ Thank you for those photo's Remy!

From Essex, England
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Shirrif

Laurel I have lost out on some great offers including a 1963 deluxe LOTR set for £400 only last year because i messed around.

I would have been extremely annoyed if that set had gone for £400, unless he sold it to me. As the eventual buyer of the copy in question, it cost considerably more than £400 when bidding finished on eBay.

1 2 3 (4) 5 6 ... 8
© 2018 TolkienGuide.com and respective authors. Contact Us