Tolkien Collector's Guide
Login expiring bug fix

Login expiring bug fix

From California, USA
Group:
Thain
Shirefolk
Fellowship

I think I have finally licked the login problem that was causing everyone to have to re-login after 30 minutes or so of inactivity. I have no idea how many times I lost news or forum posts because I took to long to write it, or I left the computer and came back!

It is currently set to keep you logged in for 24 hours (even if inactive or if you close and re-open your browser window). Please let me know if you are still experiencing problems with having to re-login during a day, or if you want a shorter or longer window for staying logged in. If you regulars use the same computers and others don't have access to them (that you mind), I don't mind setting the login time much longer (1 week, for example). Has to be the same for everyone, for the time being.

By Beren

Re: Login expiring bug fix

Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship

perfect! As for now I still need to log-in each time I get here. But on the other hand I don't mind to do so. But I was thinking it would be major cool to be able to log-in with a facebook or twitter connect and to be able to share what I write here (in public forums) to the social media... what do you think? It might attract some more collectors to this place?

Re: Login expiring bug fix

From California, USA
Group:
Thain
Shirefolk
Fellowship

Not perfect if you still have to keep logging on! Although if you are only coming by once a day that is expected. But if you go away for an hour or two and come back, you should still be logged in.

I have Facebook login mostly working but not exposed yet - want to make sure it doesn't break anything.

I had the share buttons (FB, twitter, etc.) for a while but something broke temporarily on their side, and then I never turned them back on... I will peek at that too.

One other thing, but I will post that separately in a moment. I think you will like it!

All original content © 2018 by the submitting authors. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | Contact Us