Tolkien Collector's Guide
Important links:

Guide to Tolkien's Letters
-
Winner of the 2019 Tolkien Society award for Best Website

18 Sep, 2011
2011-9-18 7:09:31 AM UTC

Khamul wrote:
Slightly off topic, but I was discussing with another member how cheaply you could get hold of a Super Deluxe CoH --I know everyone here probably have the number of copies they want, but has anyone noticed the dealer (evo_gb) selling new copies (with the more than 10 copies available statement) for £205.36, with free postage? This is the cheapest price, I think, available (has anyone seen cheaper, newer copies?) --makes you wonder at the margin, & what kind of deal they struck with HarperCollins (--possibly striking deals for some of the last copies?)

BH

Maybe you can get it for £205.36, but I have my doubts. I feel that this seller lists in print books automatically and does not hold stock. The book depository certainly do something similliar.

A number of times, I have tried to order some of the HoME POD's from the Book depository (which sometimes show as available), but each time my order has been cancelled. While I cannot say for certain, my feeling is that this may be the case with the dealer evo_gb
18 Sep, 2011
2011-9-18 1:59:59 PM UTC
remy: you're probably right --still a super low price if they send it though.

Stu: book buying days over, indeed! Why did you quit your job? I've not the faintest idea what you do for a living, but I hope you have another job lined up --& you're able to restart your book buying. Nothing wrong with suspending book buying though; I haven't been buying much at all of late. Amazing how much money you save!

BH
Jump to Last
All original content ©2024 by the submitting authors. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | Contact Us