Tolkien Collector's Guide
Blank Silmarillion

Blank Silmarillion

Hello, I just came accross a Blank Silmarillion. Where can I find more info about why it is like that way, and if anyone collects them. Thank-you.

By laurel

Re: Blank Silmarillion

Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship

Hi
I am sure one of Silmarillions experts (Khamul) will reply. As i understand it some of Sil's were issued with blank pages as these were intended for salesmen.
People do collect these and i am sure some members will be interested if you are thinking of selling? Hope helps

From Scotland
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Shirrif

Deagol, where you been?

nothinglikethesun, I collect The Silmarillion, and would be happy to discuss selling/buying, if you're interested. I'll PM you.

BH

You drive a hard bargain – you can have it for £10 all-in – one consolation (for you) is that you do not have to hear the cries of my children, for bread...

By Toady

Group:
Shirefolk

I too would be interested if not gone already. I have two different- one in an export wrapper and one in a UK wrapper. they both have the same number of pages with typescript- 32 I believe. I believe there is a third variety with a different page count- I think Deagol had some info on these that I read a long time ago on an older forum. They were used as display/dummy copies in Canada and possibly the UK. Which is this one?

By Toady

Group:
Shirefolk

I just read Deagol's link. His is the authority on this and his reference to one in a domestic is mine. I did buy it from the UK, though so possibly some were used at 'home'.

All original content © 2018 by the submitting authors. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | Contact Us