Sign In
Tolkien Collector's Guide
Important links:

Guide to Tolkien's Letters
-
Winner of the 2019 Tolkien Society award for Best Website

20 Nov, 2011
2011-11-20 6:57:16 PM UTC
Got a proof copy of the limited edition on Friday and so guess it should be available from monday... don't know why it is so late.
7 Dec, 2011
2011-12-7 6:22:54 AM UTC
I have asked HarperCollins as to the status of this book,

We took delivery of the stock from the printers on 15 November and this has now been pushed out to retailers, including a quantity to amazon.co.uk. It is obviously a hugely busy time and some online and retail stores may be experiencing delays in turning stock around. We do have a few of the 500 copies left in our warehouse, and they can be ordered direct from Tolkien.co.uk if buyers find they can’t get them elsewhere.

I cancelled my Amazon order and ordered instead from tolkien.co.uk, states it is being dispatched on the 8th.
7 Dec, 2011
2011-12-7 8:28:58 PM UTC
As you know I cancelled my order Trotter. But I see quite a few eBay traders have the deluxe edition listed too. Haven't looked at the listings in detail, or the price though.

Thanks for the information.

BH
8 Dec, 2011
2011-12-8 5:59:11 AM UTC
My order with the Book Depository was cancelled today, the email stated that the book is not in stock.

Ebay might be worth a look

Dior
11 Dec, 2011 (edited)
2011-12-11 5:25:24 PM UTC
After wasting so much time and energy chasing this book, I have given up. Harper Collins take note; all it takes is several weeks of no information, followed by a week or so of hectic enquiries (the result of which seems to be that the publishers have lost the signed copies) for me to say, 'That's enough! '

Sorry, Trotter - I wouldn't trust this lot to tell me whether or not it's raining! I went and got myself a copy of the standard, unsigned edition, and I Do Not Care whether I have a CB sig, or not.

Enough is enough.
11 Dec, 2011
2011-12-11 6:18:08 PM UTC
*p.s. - anyone who's seen my collection, and the list of 'names' on items there, will know what a disappointment this is for me.
11 Dec, 2011
2011-12-11 9:19:39 PM UTC
I can't mind the list price. Is this eBay listing too expensive or something?

A Tolkien Tapestry: by Cor Blok (NEW)

BH

12 Dec, 2011
2011-12-12 1:02:25 AM UTC

garm wrote:
After wasting so much time and energy chasing this book, I have given up. Harper Collins take note; all it takes is several weeks of no information, followed by a week or so of hectic enquiries (the result of which seems to be that the publishers have lost the signed copies) for me to say, 'That's enough! '

Sorry, Trotter - I wouldn't trust this lot to tell me whether or not it's raining! I went and got myself a copy of the standard, unsigned edition, and I Do Not Care whether I have a CB sig, or not.

Enough is enough.

I would suggest that anyone who wants the signed books just sticks with their order from Amazon.co.uk and relaxes. You will either get the book at some point or not (in which case you can cancel the order). Or alternatively, just order from HC - again, they will either be able to supply or not. I definitely don't think it is worth getting stressed about.

My Amazon.co.uk order has been pushed out to expected delivery early-mid January, but that date could just be completely arbitrary, of course. If I don't end up getting the book, I won't lose too much sleep.

S.
12 Dec, 2011
2011-12-12 8:09:10 PM UTC
I can't mind the list price. Is this eBay listing too expensive or something?

I think copies of this book on Ebay at this time are all from Amazon resellers (drop shipping). They don't have it in stock themselves and you won't get it any earlier.
12 Dec, 2011
2011-12-12 8:18:06 PM UTC
Not so sure SonOfDolf. I hadn't ordered the standard Hb, but instead had look around on eBay. I saw a Buy-It-Now from one of these generic sellers right at publication time for £7 odd; which was even cheaper than Amazon. It was new, & turned up no problem. But as Stu says, calm the beans garm!

BH
Jump to Last
All original content ©2024 by the submitting authors. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | Contact Us