4-Book Tolkien Deluxe Edition Collection Set from HC
(1) 2 3 ... 5
By Karl

4-Book Tolkien Deluxe Edition Collection Set from HC

Group:
Fellowship

I'm quite new to the collecting scene, and I'd really like to add the HarperCollins J.R.R. Tolkien Collection (ISBN: 978-0-00-727356-0) to my shelves. I've tried in vain for months to obtain a set - it seemed that Fishpond.com.au was really going to ship me a set until, alas, they finally cancelled. The problem is that I live in the US and HC will only ship within the UK. It's priced on tolkien.co.uk at £200 and I'd like to get it to me for no more than around £225 ($350) if possible (I'm on a student budget). Any suggestions? Any help is much appreciated.

By laurel

Re: 4-Book Tolkien Deluxe Edition Collection Set from HC

Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship

Hi
A nice set indeed. Have you thought about buying the books seperately. I bet you could get them a lot cheaper than £200. You would not have the slipcase I accept but if on a budget that is the way to do it i think or why not ask Harper Collins if they could do a discount?

By Karl

Group:
Fellowship

The books that I've seen separately on ebay, Abebooks, etc. actually seem to be more expensive when put together (plus I would like the box!). Asking HC for a discount is a good idea, but how do I get the books to me in the US? I did email them once and they said they wouldn't ship to the US (and I don't know anyone well in the UK).

By Beren

Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship

This box set is over 6 kilo and shipping costs to the US are more then 25 GBP for sure. I can deliver the set to you, but not at the price you are looking for.

By Karl

Group:
Fellowship

Perhaps I underestimated shipping costs, but I'm guessing you charge more than the 200 GBP (publisher's price) for the books. On the Tolkien Library site I see they go for 400 GBP (and supposedly don't ship to the US) which is more than I can afford. What's your best estimate for shipping this set to the US? By the way I was very pleased recently to receive the deluxe Tolkien Tapestry (#65) from Amazon.ca.

(1) 2 3 ... 5
© 2018 TolkienGuide.com and respective authors. Contact Us