Winner of the 2019 Tolkien Society award for Best Website

4 Jan, 2023
2023-1-4 1:42:45 PM UTC

Mauro D86 wrote:

Mr. Underhill wrote:

S&G Super Deluxe open auction on Catawiki

https://www.catawiki.com/en/l/65261617 ... t0F1SSIfF6lkIf6TPOMH50zoc

The Legend of Sigurd and Gudrún Super Deluxe Edition - Sold for € 1555

Wow. I was expecting this to sell for circa €1.000.
4 Jan, 2023
2023-1-4 2:14:18 PM UTC

Mauro D86 wrote:

Mr. Underhill wrote:

That's pretty close to last few I've seen sell, that seems to be about to going rate for one at the moment.
4 Jan, 2023
2023-1-4 2:20:05 PM UTC

Mr. Underhill wrote:

Mauro D86 wrote:

Mr. Underhill wrote:

That's pretty close to last few I've seen sell, that seems to be about to going rate for one at the moment.

yes this seems to be the market price for the S&G superdeluxe at the moment....CoH is going for more.
4 Jan, 2023
2023-1-4 2:32:05 PM UTC
Yes, I think we're slowly going to reach the value of the other super deluxes signed by Christopher, the '82 Silmarillion and the '87 Hobbit...
4 Jan, 2023
2023-1-4 2:39:04 PM UTC

Emilien wrote:

Yes, I think we're slowly going to reach the value of the other super deluxes signed by Christopher, the '82 Silmarillion and the '87 Hobbit...

Haven't seen an '82 S come up in ages, hard to tell what the market is for it. (And I know several who are eagerly awaiting one)
4 Jan, 2023
2023-1-4 2:46:22 PM UTC

Mr. Underhill wrote:

Emilien wrote:

Haven't seen an '82 S come up in ages, hard to tell what the market is for it. (And I know several who are eagerly awaiting one)

This is the reason why I haven’t even bothered with the UK stuff or deluxe editions as of yet. It seems the American stuff is the only things worth getting right now for the price + shipping lol
4 Jan, 2023
2023-1-4 2:52:17 PM UTC

Dagoth wrote:

Mr. Underhill wrote:

Emilien wrote:

This is the reason why I haven’t even bothered with the UK stuff or deluxe editions as of yet. It seems the American stuff is the only things worth getting right now for the price + shipping lol

Have to disagree with you there, these items are the higher end of the market, collectors who are after these are most likely willing to pay the shipping cost...i.e. someone who has been waiting for a particular item to come up most likely won't be deterred by the cost of shipping if they really want it.
4 Jan, 2023
2023-1-4 2:54:20 PM UTC
Yeah, sure.
I meant the value of a '82 S last time we did see one signed, beyond the £2K mark, even far more than that.
My prediction is the S&G and CoH SD market value will overtake the £2K mark soon.
4 Jan, 2023
2023-1-4 2:56:49 PM UTC

Emilien wrote:

Yeah, sure.
I meant the value of a '82 S last time we did see one signed, beyond the £2K mark, even far more than that.
My prediction is the S&G and CoH SD market value will overtake the £2K mark soon.

Agreed, glad I already have those
4 Jan, 2023
2023-1-4 2:58:30 PM UTC

Mr. Underhill wrote:

Dagoth wrote:

Mr. Underhill wrote:

Emilien wrote:

Have to disagree with you there, these items are the higher end of the market, collectors who are after these are most likely willing to pay the shipping cost...i.e. someone who has been waiting for a particular item to come up most likely won't be deterred by the cost of shipping if they really want it.

Well that I understand but that’s just for the hardcore few honestly. Such prices alienate 99% of collectors. It’s like that recent $1500 release by folio directed only at whales and resellers. They know it’s gonna sell out instantly because of that. Personally I don’t care much about those. If I’m ever dropping 2k on a book or more, it’s gonna be one of the 1st editions like a 1st print or something lol. But I get every collector is different, and some have a lot more money to throw at such things.
Jump to Last
All original content ©2024 by the submitting authors. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | Contact Us