The Lord of the Rings - Comprising First ...
$65183.36
TolkienGuide is an Abebooks.com affiliate
Tolkien Collector's Guide
Apr 23
2021/4/23 23:00:30 (GMT) Greenwich Mean Time, London, Dublin, Lisbon, Casablanca, Monrovia
Seller: oxfam_f0728_hebdenbridge
(62)
Ended Apr 24, 2021
£104.00
[22 Bids]
Submitted by: Mr. Underhill
Seller: oxfam_f0728_hebdenbridge
(62)
Ended Apr 24, 2021
£46.00
[8 Bids]
Submitted by: Mr. Underhill
Apr 26
2021/4/26 23:00:30 (GMT) Greenwich Mean Time, London, Dublin, Lisbon, Casablanca, Monrovia
Seller: bhf_shops
(339791)
Ended May 2, 2021
£82.00
[11 Bids]
Submitted by: Mr. Underhill
Seller: bhf_shops
(339791)
Ended May 2, 2021
£72.00
[27 Bids]
Submitted by: Mr. Underhill
Seller: bhf_shops
(339791)
Ended May 2, 2021
£59.00
[14 Bids]
Submitted by: Mr. Underhill
Seller: middle-earth777
(1250)
Ended Apr 30, 2021
£29.99
[0 Bids]
Submitted by: Urulókë
Seller: exchange-zone
(4531)
Ended Apr 29, 2021
$74.00
[10 Bids]
Submitted by: Mr. Underhill
Apr 27
2021/4/27 23:00:33 (GMT) Greenwich Mean Time, London, Dublin, Lisbon, Casablanca, Monrovia
Seller: lancashireheeler
(772)
Ended May 3, 2021
£45.00
[1 Bids]
Submitted by: Urulókë
Apr 28
2021/4/28 23:00:31 (GMT) Greenwich Mean Time, London, Dublin, Lisbon, Casablanca, Monrovia
Seller: lincolnshire-old-books
(1182)
Ended May 3, 2021
Buy-It-Now:
£350.00
Submitted by: Urulókë
Apr 30
2021/4/30 23:00:31 (GMT) Greenwich Mean Time, London, Dublin, Lisbon, Casablanca, Monrovia
Seller: literatenyc
(1288)
Ends 2021/5/29 18:09:21
Buy-It-Now:
$75.00
Submitted by: Mr. Underhill
Seller: mfr_rare_books
(2541)
Ends 2021/5/30 19:12:21
Buy-It-Now:
£95.00
Submitted by: Urulókë
May 1
2021/5/1 18:55:34 (GMT) Greenwich Mean Time, London, Dublin, Lisbon, Casablanca, Monrovia

TCGBot wrote:

Seller: mfr_rare_books
(2541)
Ends 2021/5/30 19:12:21
Buy-It-Now:
£95.00
Submitted by: Urulókë

Any thoughts on this India paper Lord of the Rings edition? I think it’s beautiful and at some point I’ll try to acquire one. The ones I’ve seen on eBay are pretty expensive, though (over $100).

http://www.tolkienbooks.net/php/details2.php?id=438
May 1
2021/5/1 19:50:44 (GMT) Greenwich Mean Time, London, Dublin, Lisbon, Casablanca, Monrovia
SEEMS like a great deal to me! I had a quick look at the photos only, though. I've seen some that go for that price WITHOUT the slipcase.

Also, not sure what your collecting goals are, but do keep an eye out for the similar HOBBIT (shows the same dragon image on the cover that's now known for BEOWULF), as well as POEMS AND STORIES.
May 1
2021/5/1 19:56:25 (GMT) Greenwich Mean Time, London, Dublin, Lisbon, Casablanca, Monrovia

Ligandil wrote:

TCGBot wrote:

Seller: mfr_rare_books
(2541)
Ends 2021/5/30 19:12:21
Buy-It-Now:
£95.00
Submitted by: Urulókë

Any thoughts on this India paper Lord of the Rings edition? I think it’s beautiful and at some point I’ll try to acquire one. The ones I’ve seen on eBay are pretty expensive, though (over $100).

http://www.tolkienbooks.net/php/details2.php?id=438

Seems rather expensive to me for a sixth impression, and the book is a bit rubbed and shows some erasing on the spine, especially the golden lines
May 1
2021/5/1 20:16:36 (GMT) Greenwich Mean Time, London, Dublin, Lisbon, Casablanca, Monrovia

insurrbution wrote:

SEEMS like a great deal to me! I had a quick look at the photos only, though. I've seen some that go for that price WITHOUT the slipcase.

Also, not sure what your collecting goals are, but do keep an eye out for the similar HOBBIT (shows the same dragon image on the cover that's now known for BEOWULF), as well as POEMS AND STORIES.

WOW, I did not know these two other editions, they are stunning! Two more for my bucket list! Thanks for sharing .

emilien wrote:

Seems rather expensive to me for a sixth impression, and the book is a bit rubbed and shows some erasing on the spine, especially the golden lines

I agree, it would be $160 with shipping, and that's over my budget, unfortunately. I made an offer but it was not accepted .
May 1
2021/5/1 20:23:42 (GMT) Greenwich Mean Time, London, Dublin, Lisbon, Casablanca, Monrovia
Ligandil A good resource for UK books is Deagol's http://tolkienbooks.net/ and for US Books is Berelach's https://www.tolkienbooks.us/
Jump to Last