gilraen
9 hours 5 minutes ago

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic  Topic is Locked

Tolkien Collector Back Issues
Home away from home
Group:
Shirefolk
Having obtained equivocal permission from Urulöké's last post saying "It never hurts to ask", I'm going to go out on a limb here. I've been dying to read the issues of the Tolkien Collector that aren't available as back issues. I understand that Findegil is always busy with so many other wonderful things to make all the issues available easily. So I was wondering, does anyone here have a complete set? I'm missing about half myself. Would it be terribly rude or too familiar to ask to borrow these from someone for a short time? I would gladly pay for any shipping/packaging costs and happily add an additional amount for the favor as well as compensating Findegil for making them in the first place. I've been doing some bibliographical work this past year and am constantly banging my head that I'm missing the useful information in these issues. Please feel very free to tell me if this sort of request is disrespectful in any way in the collecting community... I'm still pretty new here. Thank you for your patience!

Posted on: 2016/9/6 23:03

Re: Tolkien Collector Back Issues
Shirrif
From Essex, England
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Shirrif
You asked for some feedback on this post, and I have to say that I am uncomfortable with it.

This site is very concerned with copyright and the rights of the copyright holders.

If someone was to send you the missing copies, how would they be guaranteed that when returned, no copies were made.

In this case I would suggest sending a PM to Findegil to see what help, if any that they can provide, and please accept that they may not be able to help.

I am also going to lock the thread.

Posted on: 2016/9/7 5:35

Topic is Locked

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.