Deagol
3 hours 45 minutes ago

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 »

Re: Beren and Lúthien
Home away from home
Group:
Shirefolk
2nd Printings of the US B&L are already being sold in stores.

Posted on: 6/20 17:09:38

Home away from home
Group:
Shirefolk
Heard back from Waterstones: "I can advise that the signed editions do have a different ISBN on the back on the cover but we have to also have the ISBN for the no signed edition. "

Not especially informative or eloquent but nice of them to respond!

Posted on: 6/23 15:18:49

Just can't stay away
Group:
Shirefolk
I'm not surprised that B&L is on to its second printing. The book seemed to have been sold out at most (online) retailers in the very first week.

Posted on: 6/24 9:37:23

Shirrif
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Shirrif

Earl wrote:
I'm not surprised that B&L is on to its second printing. The book seemed to have been sold out at most (online) retailers in the very first week.

That doesn't always imply additional impressions - The online retailers don't necessarily get huge stocks of a title, and these then get refreshed from the publisher's warehouse as required.

That said, in this case the book seems to have done quite well. From memory, CoH was up to 3 printings fairly rapidly.

Posted on: 6/24 23:45:18

Not too shy to talk
Group:
Shirefolk
Yesterday I was in one of those outlet bookstores that appear for a few moths and then disappear, (In Australia), and I was a little surprised to find a few first printings of B&L discounted already. Then I also found some 'Lay of A&I' there also. The latter were essentially in as new condition, while the B&L were a little scratch and dent they were acceptable, the one I got was 'Fine'. Admittedly the B&L does have that awful discounted book texter line on the base, but 'Lay of A&I' doesn't.
Unfortunately my days of perfectionist book collecting are over for now, while I am studying, but still, considering my local bookshops didn't have B&L stocked when I went to get it, I found the outlet bookstores stock reasonable considering they were only $5 AUD each.

Posted on: 6/29 20:06:02

« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]