Karl
9 hours 43 minutes ago

laurel
9 hours 44 minutes ago

Onónion
15 hours 3 minutes ago

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 ... 11 »

Re: Bodleian will publish a book of new Tolkien material to coincide with 2018 exhibition
Thain
From California, USA
Group:
Thain
Shirefolk
Fellowship
With the items being in the coming soon category of the Bodleian website, I thought I would share the mockup image of the hardcover edition, as well as the news of another companion book they are publishing for the exhibition:

Tolkien: Treasures

This volume is an excellent introduction to the world of J. R. R. Tolkien. Recounting in images and words the story of his early years and life as a scholar and family man, the book also illustrates some of the primary items associated with The Hobbit, The Lord of the Rings, and The Silmarillion. These include manuscripts, drawings, watercolours, letters, family photographs, and private papers. It also includes his remarkably detailed and endlessly engaging maps of Middle Earth produced over many years an annotated in his own hand.

The book brings vividly to life the astonishing range of Tolkien’s skills, from scholar, to linguist, storyteller, illustrator, herald, and mapmaker. Drawing on the Bodleian Library’s vast Tolkien archive, this book gives us a unique and highly personal glimpse into Tolkien’s worlds – scholarly, literary, creative, and domestic.

From Tolkien’s childhood in the Midlands and his experience of the First World War to his studies at school and university, and from his exquisite illustrations for his novels to his intricate and beautiful maps showing Middle-earth’s topography, this stunning book, faithfully reproducing many of the treasures of the Tolkien Archive in Oxford, is the perfect introduction to Tolkien’s life and works.

Paperback
144 pages, 196 x 196 mm
ISBN: 9781851244966
Publication June 2018

Catherine McIlwaine is the Tolkien Archivist at The Bodleian Libraries, University of Oxford.

https://www.bodleianshop.co.uk/books/c ... on/tolkien-treasures.html

Attach file:

jpg  tolkien_treasures_3d-0.jpg (544.04 KB)
1_59fb63e46e323.jpg 1535X1366 px

jpg  tolkien_hardback_3d-0.jpg (412.78 KB)
1_59fb63ec41586.jpg 1417X1625 px

Posted on: 11/2 11:29:02

Re: Bodleian will publish a book of new Tolkien material to coincide with 2018 exhibition
Shirrif
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Shirrif
Those both look great! Thanks or sharing.

Posted on: 11/2 11:58:21

Shirrif
From Scotland
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Shirrif
Trotter, any idea of when this can be ordered/paid for?

BH

Posted on: 11/2 12:39:12

Thain
From California, USA
Group:
Thain
Shirefolk
Fellowship
I ordered mine today through their website.

Posted on: 11/2 13:12:44

Shirrif
From Scotland
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Shirrif
Oh, right. I'll get ordering!

BH

Posted on: 11/2 13:37:32

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 ... 11 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.