Sign In
Tolkien Collector's Guide
Important links:

Guide to Tolkien's Letters
-
Winner of the 2019 Tolkien Society award for Best Website

5 Sep, 2017
2017-9-5 5:33:34 PM UTC

You venerable folks are true gentlemen. I was told that you are the authoritative figure when it comes to collecting the Silmarillion, and yet, you are here letting us know that Mr. Deagol's site trumps everything else!

May I kindly ask for the link to Mr. Deagol's site? Thank you!

You've already got it... Deagol's site is TolkienBooks.net and I will also chime in to say that the site is unsurpassed. Enjoy it and always big thanks to Deagol!
5 Sep, 2017
2017-9-5 7:50:26 PM UTC
Sorry for the confusion; the site I refer to is the one you've already been linked to, Tolkienbooks.net. The owner of the site is Deagol on here. I think I speak for a lot of collectors (of a certain era) in saying that TolkienBooks has been a invaluable source for book collecting, unmatched by any other online source. I'm, personally, forever grateful for it's existence & for all the work Deagol put into creating it.

But, yeh, if you have something specific to ask about The Silmarillion I might be able to help. But just ask away; there are plenty of knowledgeable folks on here who'll be willing to help. There are certainly a few on here who have far more "special" copies than me, that's for sure.

BH
8 Sep, 2017
2017-9-8 5:57:15 PM UTC

Khamûl wrote:
Sorry for the confusion; the site I refer to is the one you've already been linked to, Tolkienbooks.net. The owner of the site is Deagol on here. I think I speak for a lot of collectors (of a certain era) in saying that TolkienBooks has been a invaluable source for book collecting, unmatched by any other online source. I'm, personally, forever grateful for it's existence & for all the work Deagol put into creating it.

But, yeh, if you have something specific to ask about The Silmarillion I might be able to help. But just ask away; there are plenty of knowledgeable folks on here who'll be willing to help. There are certainly a few on here who have far more "special" copies than me, that's for sure.

BH

Ahhh I see this is embarrassing haha.

I have checked this site's individual title section and I was amazed at all the attentive details that Mr. Deagol has put for even the most mundane of the edition.

Once again, thank you for the help!
Jump to Last
All original content ©2024 by the submitting authors. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | Contact Us