Sign In
Tolkien Collector's Guide
Important links:

Guide to Tolkien's Letters
-
Winner of the 2019 Tolkien Society award for Best Website

2 Oct, 2017
2017-10-2 5:30:57 AM UTC
Good catch! Directory permission issue. Should be working now, thanks for letting me know.
2 Oct, 2017
2017-10-2 5:40:22 AM UTC

Urulöké wrote:
Good catch! Directory permission issue. Should be working now, thanks for letting me know.

Yep, she now be workin'. Good man.
2 Oct, 2017
2017-10-2 1:59:29 PM UTC
Enjoying the new server :) for the last few months for some reason work was blocking the forums on the old server, no issue with the new one though :)
12 Jan, 2018 (edited)
2018-1-12 12:17:54 AM UTC
Emoji test (using mobile keyboard)

❤️???????

Update: for those wondering, the site now supports full 4 byte UTF-8 characters, so your posts can contain emoji, for example. A mobile friendly version of the site is in the works (more on that soon), but even from a desktop/laptop you can also use the full range of emoji using native extended keyboard shortcuts:

Mac: ctrl + command + spacebar

PC: "windows" key + . (that's a period) OR "windows" key + ; (that's a semicolon) - documentation says both, but I have not tested extensively. This may only be supported in Windows 10.

Note that all non-mobile browsers seem to be somewhat slow in supporting the latest emoji - there are new ones added every year, and I have seen that some don't show up on non-latest Chrome, Safari and Explorer/Edge. Just be aware that some of your emoji might not show up for other users depending on what browser they are using.
12 Jan, 2018
2018-1-12 3:58:36 AM UTC
??? Thanks as always for keeping this place going!
Jump to Last
All original content ©2024 by the submitting authors. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | Contact Us