Sign In
Tolkien Collector's Guide
Important links:

Guide to Tolkien's Letters
-
Winner of the 2019 Tolkien Society award for Best Website

23 Nov, 2017
2017-11-23 6:18:01 PM UTC
Who are you talking about though? Look who currently makes up the Tolkien Estate. It's not that clear what creative influence they'd want to exert here.

BH
23 Nov, 2017
2017-11-23 6:42:22 PM UTC
Whomever they want. Perhaps they'll put Royd on it as a creative consultant (he seems excited about the project, and hinting online that he's been involved at some level - perhaps just familial awareness of the negotiations though). It doesn't have to be a single person, or someone on the director list - it could be David Brawn, or hire someone external like Janet Croft, or... who knows? Its up to them if and who.
23 Nov, 2017
2017-11-23 8:26:24 PM UTC
''Are you guys happy with the production of new TV series based on LOTR?''

No.
23 Nov, 2017
2017-11-23 8:55:43 PM UTC

''Are you guys happy with the production of new TV series based on LOTR?''

I doubt it will be something I would be interested in watching, but part of me doesn't care that much. I think I will be more bothered when it inevitably becomes the Tolkien Extended Universe and there are piles and piles of trash books published. It isn't like the estate hasn't set a precedent for "J.R.R Tolkien" books being published long after his death, often with a lot less of J.R.Rs words than commentary. And let's be honest, Beren and Luthien was already nothing more than a cash grab.
Jump to Last
All original content ©2024 by the submitting authors. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | Contact Us