Sign In
Tolkien Collector's Guide
Important links:

Guide to Tolkien's Letters
-
Winner of the 2019 Tolkien Society award for Best Website

1 Mar, 2018
2018-3-1 6:31:59 PM UTC
It is back up now - a hard refresh on your browser tab (usually ctrl-R or command-R on Mac) should bring it up if you are still seeing the "site down" page.
1 Mar, 2018
2018-3-1 6:47:50 PM UTC
Here's what I got from abeBooks on the incident. I don't expect to hear more on it, though I would like to...

From Wednesday, February 28, at approximately 4.00PM (PDT) until Thursday, March 1, at approximately 9.00AM (PDT), AbeBooks sites and services were unavailable due to a hardware malfunction. The AbeBooks Search API, Search Web Services, was also unavailable during this time.

Website and API functions have now been restored. Buyer, seller and affiliate information remained secure throughout the outage and all orders placed before the outage began were processed. We are still working to test and restore several additional services.

We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience and interruption of services. We will investigate the causes and work to ensure that a problem of this nature does not occur again.

Please get in touch with any questions or concerns and thank you for your patience as this matter was investigated.
Jump to Last
All original content ©2024 by the submitting authors. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | Contact Us