Hi all,

with all the kerfuffle the past few days, I thought it would be helpful to note:

This site (tolkienguide.com) does not use any tracking code, "facebook pixel", or scripts from Facebook or Twitter. The "Facebook login" code, and the link sharing buttons for Facebook and Twitter are all custom built by me, and have no ability to track you or report your website usage back to those companies unless you explicitly click on them, and *only* when you click on them.

This site *is* using Google Analytics for general, anonymous (to me) statistics on the type of visits made to this site. Google's privacy policy for your data can be found here: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=en - on that page there is information for how to disable Google Analytics by installing a browser plugin, if you wish to prevent GA from tracking your visits (on all websites, not just here). I will probably turn off Google Analytics at some point in the near future when I have enough local framework built to maintain the site without it.