The Great Tales boxed set
(1) 2

The Great Tales boxed set

From California, USA
Group:
Thain
Shirefolk
Fellowship

Amazon (USA) has just put this up for pre-ordering - the three hardcover editions of The Children of Húrin, Beren and Lúthien, and The Fall of Gondolin in a boxed set presentation.

$75.00

https://amzn.to/2JH8xUg

great tales.jpg

By Eorl

Re: The Great Tales boxed set

Group:
Shirefolk

Oh this is a surprise (though someone on this forum called it a while back) :)

Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship

It's still early but has anyone heard if HarperCollins will release this set as well? Any predictions?

By Stu

Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Shirrif

An opportunity to sell the same old stuff in yet another set? I doubt they would miss it for the world.

Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship

Ha right

Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship

Well why should they "miss it"? Obviously some people want just such a set, and since no one is forced to buy it, what's the harm in providing one?

By Stu

Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Shirrif

Aelfwine wrote:
Well why should they "miss it"? Obviously some people want just such a set, and since no one is forced to buy it, what's the harm in providing one?

I didn't actually say they should, did I (or that there was any harm)? You seem to like to reply to things that were never stated (on this and other threads). This isn't the HarperCollins or Tolkien-Estate fan club, so please don't expect it to be one.

From California, USA
Group:
Thain
Shirefolk
Fellowship

I'm hearing that there are no plans for HarperCollins to do a boxed set at this time.

Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship

Thanks Jeremy

From California, USA
Group:
Thain
Shirefolk
Fellowship

Having been traveling for business and pleasure last week, I wasn't able to follow closely this thread at the time. I do want to drop a small note here in response to the following:

Stu wrote:

I didn't actually say they should, did I (or that there was any harm)? You seem to like to reply to things that were never stated (on this and other threads). This isn't the HarperCollins or Tolkien-Estate fan club, so please don't expect it to be one.

I think the comments for and against a slipcased set in this thread are valid views for collectors to have, but I would prefer we not shift comments on those views to the people holding those views. I believe in the "other thread" that was just a misunderstanding caused by quirks of the site presentation of replies.

(1) 2
All original content © 2018 by the submitting authors. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | Contact Us