Tolkien Collector's Guide
Sign In
Tolkien Collector's Guide
Important links:

Guide to Tolkien's Letters
-
Winner of the 2019 Tolkien Society award for Best Website

Beyond Bree 2020 Calendar would make a great gift!

9 Dec, 2019
2019-12-9 4:26:37 PM UTC

One final reminder/announcement as we are coming close to the end of the year...

"If it has passed from the high and the beautiful to darkness and ruin, that was of old the fate of Arda Marred..." To mark the passing of the torch from Daniel Smith to new calendar editor Jeremy Edmonds, Beyond Bree is turning to the First and Second Ages of Middle-earth as interpreted by artists from around the globe - Emily Austen, Jenny Dolfen, Anke Eissmann, Donato Giancola, Jian Guo, Sylvia Hunnewell, Jay Johnstone, Nancy Martsch, and Gordon Palmer.

The color and black and white calendar is 11 x 8 1⁄2 inches, opening to 11 x 17 inches. It has both Middle-earth and real world holidays.

Pricing: $20 plus shipping - USA $2.00, the rest of the world $5.00. See the attached flyer for additional payment information.

1_5dee74ff34785.jpg 2550X3300 px
17 Dec, 2019
2019-12-17 1:35:35 PM UTC
I've been hearing about the beyond Bree ones for about, I think 2, maybe 3 years now? However, I have limited wall space and usually go for "the" Tolkien Calendar from HarperCollins. If, however, I'm not satisfied by the art or artist (not a fan of Cor Blok) then I'll def check out Beyond Bree in it's place.

What time of year do they typically go on sale, or even pre-order?
31 Jan, 2020
2020-1-31 6:00:09 AM UTC
*Ahem* a few copies of the beautiful 2020 "Beyond Bree" Calendar are still available, edited by our very own Jeremy Edmonds!
Contact [email protected]

To answer your question, typically the "Beyond Bree" Calendar is available for pre-order in mid-late summer. It is printed in the fall. The announcement will be on the "Beyond Bree" website at http://www.cep.unt.edu/bree.html
The Calendar is a production of the Tolkien newsletter "Beyond Bree".
31 Jan, 2020
2020-1-31 3:48:28 PM UTC
Good to know, thanks!

I only get one calendar a year (Tolkien or otherwise) so depending who the artist/theme will be for the 2021 Calendar, I may opt for Beyond bree instead! (example: Cor Blok = yuck)
Jump to Last
All original content ©2024 by the submitting authors. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | Contact Us