Tolkien Collector's Guide
1...2829303132...40
Oct 3
2020/10/3 21:05:23 (GMT) Greenwich Mean Time, London, Dublin, Lisbon, Casablanca, Monrovia

Stu wrote:

Amedautrui wrote:

Look. This guy gives a glimpse in the standard and deluxe editions of UT.

UT de luxe unpacking

Pity they managed to misfold that first laid in "poster"! Looks nice otherwise, though -- and the slipcase looks pretty solid.

My heart lurched in empathy with that collector when I saw that crease.
Oct 4
2020/10/4 7:15:43 (GMT) Greenwich Mean Time, London, Dublin, Lisbon, Casablanca, Monrovia
Omggggg me too! 🥺
Oct 4 (edited)
2020/10/4 7:53:57 (GMT) Greenwich Mean Time, London, Dublin, Lisbon, Casablanca, Monrovia
Looks strange, but here is a book delivered without a box.




2:07 / 2:10

The Unfinished Tales of Númenor and Middle-earth Hardcover Deluxe Slipcased Edition, 4000 copies[/url]
Oct 4
2020/10/4 8:21:32 (GMT) Greenwich Mean Time, London, Dublin, Lisbon, Casablanca, Monrovia
Looks like whoever shipped it removed the box before shipping.
Oct 4
2020/10/4 17:21:36 (GMT) Greenwich Mean Time, London, Dublin, Lisbon, Casablanca, Monrovia
Yeah, that seems to be a possibility, depending on retailer or courier. In their defense, the info sheet on the back of the slipcase does have the barcode/ISBN on it; unlike The Lord of the Rings 2014 illustrated edition.
Oct 5
2020/10/5 18:35:42 (GMT) Greenwich Mean Time, London, Dublin, Lisbon, Casablanca, Monrovia

Mithrandir wrote:

George_V wrote:

Has anyone who ordered from Books Etc had a dispatch confirmation?

I placed the order yesterday and haven't gotten a dispatch notification yet. I did however get an email from them confirming that it is in stock and not backordered.

I finally got a dispatch email. Took about 6 days total including the weekend.
Oct 5
2020/10/5 19:40:24 (GMT) Greenwich Mean Time, London, Dublin, Lisbon, Casablanca, Monrovia
Got my copy of the Deluxe Editon today from "agreatread" (£55 with a 10% referral discount).

Really impressed with packing. Obviously packed with care. Book bubblewrapped. Packing paper under & over Book. Packing chips each side of book.

Will definitely try use them more in the future. Hopefully they will have more international destinations available in the future for others to benefit.
Oct 5
2020/10/5 20:27:04 (GMT) Greenwich Mean Time, London, Dublin, Lisbon, Casablanca, Monrovia

Stu wrote:

I finally got a dispatch email. Took about 6 days total including the weekend.

I also got a dispatch notice today. I learned from customer service that Exported means that "Your order is "exported" to us from the supplier to be packaged and "shipped" to you"

The wording confused me a bit, but I took it to mean that they don't do the fulfillment themselves.
Oct 5
2020/10/5 21:18:11 (GMT) Greenwich Mean Time, London, Dublin, Lisbon, Casablanca, Monrovia

remy wrote:

Got my copy of the Deluxe Editon today from "agreatread" (£55 with a 10% referral discount).

Really impressed with packing. Obviously packed with care. Book bubblewrapped. Packing paper under & over Book. Packing chips each side of book.

Will definitely try use them more in the future. Hopefully they will have more international destinations available in the future for others to benefit.

I bought the standard edition from AGreatRead. Zero packaging, just book plus invoice in standard carddboard book box. Dustjacket had a few nicks as you'd expect.
Oct 5
2020/10/5 21:26:15 (GMT) Greenwich Mean Time, London, Dublin, Lisbon, Casablanca, Monrovia

Khamûl wrote:

remy wrote:

Got my copy of the Deluxe Editon today from "agreatread" (£55 with a 10% referral discount).

Really impressed with packing. Obviously packed with care. Book bubblewrapped. Packing paper under & over Book. Packing chips each side of book.

Will definitely try use them more in the future. Hopefully they will have more international destinations available in the future for others to benefit.

I bought the standard edition from AGreatRead. Zero packaging, just book plus invoice in standard carddboard book box. Dustjacket had a few nicks as you'd expect.

Shame. Thanks for the info. I have had 2 orders now for 2 deluxes (Gawain being the other one) with fantastic packaging.

Guess it depends on which employee packs the book (or do they pay more attention with the more expensive books - who knows).
1...2829303132...40
Jump to Last