Tolkien Collector's Guide
Important links:

Guide to Tolkien's Letters
-
Winner of the 2019 Tolkien Society award for Best Website

11 Nov, 2020
2020-11-11 6:31:09 PM UTC

Urulókë wrote:

Just guessing here, but I think the "loose" decision was targeted at people who tack these "mini posters" (plates, call them what you will) on their wall. I was vaguely considering getting them framed before I had a copy in hand, but not really after seeing them in person.

I don't think that's a bad call Jeremy. I have seen more and more that a younger generation is coming to Tolkien and maybe HarperCollins have seen this too and figured they'd do something a little different.

I am not of the poster hanging generation any longer with regards to fantasy artwork but I would welcome some new poster collections all the same. I still have thoae great 6 packs and love to look at them once in a while and would definitely purchase them.
17 Nov, 2020
2020-11-17 3:12:50 PM UTC
How prominent are the creases in the map? Reckon they could be "ironed out" with a proper mount and frame?
17 Nov, 2020
2020-11-17 7:35:06 PM UTC

Caudimordax wrote:

How prominent are the creases in the map? Reckon they could be "ironed out" with a proper mount and frame?

I don't think you would be able to make them invisible. You would be better off just scanning and reprinting it, tbh.
Jump to Last
All original content ©2024 by the submitting authors. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | Contact Us