Sign In
Tolkien Collector's Guide
Important links:

Guide to Tolkien's Letters
-
Winner of the 2019 Tolkien Society award for Best Website

5 Mar, 2021
2021-3-5 4:56:35 PM UTC
I too have ordered a copy of the Special Edition via email. It will sit handsomely next to my signed copy of the first edition. ;)

Could someone please advise me of the best shipping option to choose for US delivery? And/or on shipping insurance? DM me unless you think others would be interested.
5 Mar, 2021
2021-3-5 6:33:15 PM UTC
From the publisher on Twitter

"At the end of the first day just 20 copies remain of the Special Edition of ? ???????????? . Email us to reserve a copy!"
5 Mar, 2021
2021-3-5 8:18:19 PM UTC
I bet most of those reserved copies are members here.
5 Mar, 2021
2021-3-5 8:58:54 PM UTC

Jlong wrote:

I bet most of those reserved copies are members here.

Absolutely.

I am not one of them as I am done trying to bankrupt myself with multiple editions (looks sheepishly at Tolkien shelves) but I think it is great for the collector among us.
5 Mar, 2021
2021-3-5 10:10:30 PM UTC

Mr. Underhill wrote:

Just spoke with a very kind woman on the phone at M-U Books and she reserved a copy of both editions for me.

Out of interest, why did you order both editions, given the special edition is essentially identical to the standard (bar the tipped in limitation)? I feel like the standard edition is redundant for anyone getting the special.
6 Mar, 2021
2021-3-6 1:36:34 AM UTC
You ask why on a collector's forum, Stu? Because collection!

Hope my email's not too late!
6 Mar, 2021
2021-3-6 3:11:04 AM UTC

Stu wrote:

Mr. Underhill wrote:

Just spoke with a very kind woman on the phone at M-U Books and she reserved a copy of both editions for me.

Out of interest, why did you order both editions, given the special edition is essentially identical to the standard (bar the tipped in limitation)? I feel like the standard edition is redundant for anyone getting the special.

Because I want one of everything
6 Mar, 2021
2021-3-6 3:11:13 AM UTC

Stu wrote:

Mr. Underhill wrote:

Reading copy!
6 Mar, 2021
2021-3-6 3:13:11 AM UTC
Oof...Good point Urulókë! Now I need to call her back and get another!
6 Mar, 2021
2021-3-6 4:57:55 AM UTC

Mr. Underhill wrote:

Stu wrote:

Mr. Underhill wrote:

Because I want one of everything

Ahh yeah, I used to be like that

50 Hobbits later, I'm not so sure!
Jump to Last
All original content ©2024 by the submitting authors. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | Contact Us