Tolkien Collector's Guide
Mar 25
2021/3/25 4:59:52 (GMT) Greenwich Mean Time, London, Dublin, Lisbon, Casablanca, Monrovia
For anyone that has purchased the new deluxe Silmarillion, please remember to use appropriate PPE. Once you have burned out your eyes, you can't replace them.

228_605c18c8cb3b8.png 1634X850 px
Mar 25
2021/3/25 6:29:55 (GMT) Greenwich Mean Time, London, Dublin, Lisbon, Casablanca, Monrovia

Stu wrote:

For anyone that has purchased the new deluxe Silmarillion, please remember to use appropriate PPE. Once you have burned out your eyes, you can't replace them.

Haha OMG is it really that vivid in real life too?
Mar 25
2021/3/25 6:49:05 (GMT) Greenwich Mean Time, London, Dublin, Lisbon, Casablanca, Monrovia

Eorl wrote:

Stu wrote:

For anyone that has purchased the new deluxe Silmarillion, please remember to use appropriate PPE. Once you have burned out your eyes, you can't replace them.

Haha OMG is it really that vivid in real life too?

I'd actually say it is *brighter* in real life.

Put it this way, if you bring two copies together, I suspect you are going to have a criticality incident. Hence the shipping carton.
Mar 25
2021/3/25 7:07:23 (GMT) Greenwich Mean Time, London, Dublin, Lisbon, Casablanca, Monrovia
Mar 25
2021/3/25 7:55:47 (GMT) Greenwich Mean Time, London, Dublin, Lisbon, Casablanca, Monrovia

Stu wrote:

I'd actually say it is *brighter* in real life.

Put it this way, if you bring two copies together, I suspect you are going to have a criticality incident. Hence the shipping carton.

Hahaha you’re hilarious. 😆

I don’t intend buying it as I am at that stage in life where I must be practical about my indulgences, but I must see if I can’t find it at Dymocks or someplace.
Mar 25
2021/3/25 8:47:56 (GMT) Greenwich Mean Time, London, Dublin, Lisbon, Casablanca, Monrovia

Eorl wrote:

Stu wrote:

I'd actually say it is *brighter* in real life.

Put it this way, if you bring two copies together, I suspect you are going to have a criticality incident. Hence the shipping carton.

Hahaha you’re hilarious. 😆

I don’t intend buying it as I am at that stage in life where I must be practical about my indulgences, but I must see if I can’t find it at Dymocks or someplace.


Yeah, would be interested in your opinion if you do see a copy. It was definitely a bold colour choice, and I wonder if they really intended it to come out quite the way it did. It is weird, in that it simultaneously works and is also a chromatic train-wreck, and my brain simply can't decide which it is and flips back and forward at high speed.

If they did a toned down second print, I'd probably flip the first print and pick up a second.
Mar 25
2021/3/25 10:17:27 (GMT) Greenwich Mean Time, London, Dublin, Lisbon, Casablanca, Monrovia

Stu wrote:

Also got my 4th impression Hammond direct from Oak Knoll. Absolutely fantastic packaging from those guys - amongst the best I've seen.

Also received my 4th impression of H&S and I confirm the high quality of the packaging also !
Mar 25
2021/3/25 12:12:28 (GMT) Greenwich Mean Time, London, Dublin, Lisbon, Casablanca, Monrovia
I actually really like this "traffic cone orange" edition, as I may now begin to refer to it as. The trade edition ended up being very handsome, I think I may like it better.

Stu I also got Hammonds Bibliography from Oak Knoll a couple of weeks ago (4th Print) it's beautiful.
Mar 25
2021/3/25 22:37:53 (GMT) Greenwich Mean Time, London, Dublin, Lisbon, Casablanca, Monrovia
A solution to the lack of plutonium availability for RTGs.

228_605d10c1157bb.png 1902X1372 px
Mar 25
2021/3/25 22:39:24 (GMT) Greenwich Mean Time, London, Dublin, Lisbon, Casablanca, Monrovia

Mr. Underhill wrote:


Stu I also got Hammonds Bibliography from Oak Knoll a couple of weeks ago (4th Print) it's beautiful.

Yeah, it is really nice. Great book to just pick a random entry and have a read!
Jump to Last