Tolkien Collector's Guide
Important links:

Guide to Tolkien's Letters
-
Winner of the 2019 Tolkien Society award for Best Website

11 Jun, 2021
2021-6-11 9:15:23 AM UTC
Well, the only question we should ask ourselves right now is:

How many films and series will the TCU have? Because the Tolkien Cinematic Universe has been long in the making and with all pieces having fallen into place recently - Bezog (sic!) buying MGM was probably the last straw - will we get more than ten films and series in the next ten years or more?

Because Disney has a headstart.
11 Jun, 2021
2021-6-11 10:08:20 AM UTC
Im not interested in anime, but i do look forward to the amazon series. I hope it will be great fun. Not getting my hopes up too much though.... i still have nightmares about jacksons rotk and im not even gonna get started on the hobbit-movies.
11 Jun, 2021
2021-6-11 1:10:17 PM UTC
I have just been reminded by quite an excellent German-speaking Youtuber on all things Tolkien that in the video game Shadow of Mordor Helm Hammerhand ...

was a Nazgûl.

The game was done by Monolith, a production studio that belongs to Warner Bros.

And Warner Bros. are doing this movie
12 Jun, 2021
2021-6-12 2:36:56 PM UTC

Olwe wrote:

I have just been reminded by quite an excellent German-speaking Youtuber on all things Tolkien that in the video game Shadow of Mordor Helm Hammerhand ...

was a Nazgûl.

The game was done by Monolith, a production studio that belongs to Warner Bros.

And Warner Bros. are doing this movie

From the producer on Twitter - he will not be a Nazgûl.

9B505F6D-04F4-40CE-97F1-150C775D8AE0.jpeg
12 Jun, 2021
2021-6-12 6:03:56 PM UTC
I know Tolkien was not all pleased with some of the attention his works received in the mid-60's, although he may also have appreciated the benefit of the financial gifts it brought. In a 1960 letter he wrote, referring to his desire to expand on the background of languages in Middle Earth: "Of course, I should love to publish such stuff, but I am afraid that even the moderate success (in publishing and financial terms) of The Lord of the Ring, leaves it a mere dream. The most I can hope for is to leave the matter in some order amoung my papers".
And later: "My monomania landed me in some dreadful debts."
15 Jun, 2022 (edited)
2022-6-15 2:32:41 PM UTC
HelmHammerhand.jpg
EXCLUSIVE: Brian Cox, Gaia Wise and Miranda Otto are just some of the names in the voice cast for New Line Cinema and Warner Bros. Animation’s upcoming The Lord of the Rings: The War of the Rohirrim.

The movie centers around the fate of the House of Helm Hammerhand, the mighty King of Rohan, a character from the J.R.R. Tolkien book’s appendix. Succession actor Cox will provide the voice of that protagonist.

The anime feature, directed by Kenji Kamiyama, is set 183 years before the events chronicled in the original trilogy of films. A sudden attack by Wulf, a clever and ruthless Dunlending lord seeking vengeance for the death of his father, forces Helm and his people to make a daring last stand in the ancient stronghold of the Hornburg – a mighty fortress that will later come to be known as Helm’s Deep. Finding herself in an increasingly desperate situation, Hera, the daughter of Helm, must summon the will to lead the resistance against a deadly enemy intent on their total destruction.

Wise (A Walk in the Woods) will play Hammerhand’s daughter Hera; and Luke Pasqualino (Snowpiercer) will portray Wulf.

Otto, who starred in The Lord of the Rings movies, reprises her role as Éowyn, Shieldmaiden of Rohan, and serves as the tale’s narrator.

The voice ensemble also includes Lorraine Ashbourne (Netflix’s Bridgerton), Yazdan Qafouri (I Came By), Benjamin Wainwright (BBC One’s World on Fire), Laurence Ubong Williams (Gateway), Shaun Dooley (Netflix’s The Witcher), Michael Wildman (Fast and Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw), Jude Akuwudike (Beasts of No Nation), Bilal Hasna (BBC’s Sparks) and Janine Duvitski (ITV’s Benidorm).

The movie is being executive produced by Oscar winner Philippa Boyens, from the screenwriting team behind The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit trilogies, and produced by Joseph Chou (Blade Runner: Black Lotus TV series). The writing team of Phoebe Gittins and Arty Papageorgiou have penned the screenplay from a script by Jeffrey Addiss & Will Matthews, based on the book The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King by J.R.R. Tolkien. The team of creative collaborators returning from The Lord of the Rings trilogy also includes Oscar winners Alan Lee and Richard Taylor, along with Tolkien illustrator John Howe.

Animation work is currently underway at Sola Entertainment. The film will be distributed theatrically around the world by Warner Bros. Pictures on April 12, 2024.

The Lord of the Rings trilogy won 17 Oscars including 11 for The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King, tying the record for a single film. The three Lord of the Rings films also represent the most awarded film series in history with the highest number of Academy Awards (17) and nominations (30). The Lord of the Rings trilogy grossed over $2.96B WW.

https://deadline.com/2022/06/lord-of-t ... -miranda-otto-1235045883/
15 Jun, 2022
2022-6-15 5:04:51 PM UTC
The challenge will be finding ways to watch all these efforts. Still haven't seen the LR fan films.
15 Jun, 2022
2022-6-15 5:10:08 PM UTC
I'm really looking forward to this film, Brian Cox is a great actor and also think it is quite clever having Éowyn narrate it. I would expect to see more of these animated films if this one is a success.
15 Jun, 2022
2022-6-15 10:28:54 PM UTC
The concept art looks great and I like the cast. I also appreciate the efforts to stay true to the scarce source material.

I might be wrong, but I think this could be a nice film.
15 Jun, 2022
2022-6-15 11:02:27 PM UTC

Trotter wrote:

I'm really looking forward to this film, Brian Cox is a great actor and also think it is quite clever having Éowyn narrate it. I would expect to see more of these animated films if this one is a success.

I am really pleased Otto is narrating. She should carry this well with her voice and give it a natural link to the events of the Rings trilogy, which hopefully means they don't feel the need to throw in foreshadowing constantly.
Jump to Last
All original content ©2024 by the submitting authors. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | Contact Us