Tolkien Collector's Guide
Important links:

Guide to Tolkien's Letters
-
Winner of the 2019 Tolkien Society award for Best Website

12 Aug, 2021
2021-8-12 1:05:17 PM UTC

JLangh wrote:

Or the growing interest in people buying 4-5 copies each to sell later.

I really, really dislike this practice ?
12 Aug, 2021
2021-8-12 1:18:30 PM UTC
Heard back from HarperCollins, they do have new insert pages for the 2nd Impression but the Printer inserted one of the original pages in this case instead of the new ones.
12 Aug, 2021
2021-8-12 4:14:24 PM UTC

Ligandil wrote:

JLangh wrote:

I can't imagine too many people buying lots of copies of anything released in the last decade. Would be a good way of throwing money away. The only thing I know a few people here bought several (2 or 3) copies of was the Super Deluxe CoH, and that still took about 10 years for them all to sell (as it was bloody expensive!). I'd be incredibly surprised if the 2021 Silmarillion sold out due to hoarding. I think it was just a striking new edition and you could get it for £50 in a period when people have much time and little to do.
12 Aug, 2021
2021-8-12 4:16:11 PM UTC

Trotter wrote:

Heard back from HarperCollins, they do have new insert pages for the 2nd Impression but the Printer inserted one of the original pages in this case instead of the new ones.

I can't imagine it is a one-off, but hopefully most of them get the correct insert.
12 Aug, 2021
2021-8-12 5:24:48 PM UTC

Stu wrote:

Ligandil wrote:

JLangh wrote:

I can't imagine too many people buying lots of copies of anything released in the last decade. Would be a good way of throwing money away. The only thing I know a few people here bought several (2 or 3) copies of was the Super Deluxe CoH, and that still took about 10 years for them all to sell (as it was bloody expensive!). I'd be incredibly surprised if the 2021 Silmarillion sold out due to hoarding. I think it was just a striking new edition and you could get it for £50 in a period when people have much time and little to do.

Gotcha i was just throwing out a guess. But thanks for all the insite everyone! Either way I'm happy that i have a very pretty book sitting on my shelf! I'll just spend the extra 5 seconds in the future if it's ever something i wish to make sure of.
13 Aug, 2021
2021-8-13 12:18:55 AM UTC
If anyone sees a later impression with the new insert (in a physical shop, perhaps), would be great if you could take a snap and post it up here.
Jump to Last
All original content ©2024 by the submitting authors. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | Contact Us