Tolkien Collector's Guide
Important links:

Guide to Tolkien's Letters
-
Winner of the 2019 Tolkien Society award for Best Website

Day Job

31 Aug, 2021
2021-8-31 1:33:08 AM UTC

For those wondering why I've been a bit quiet here for a while, news is finally public for our first customer's launch for my company's new product, so I can at least talk about it (finally!). I very much want to say thank you to Trotter, Khamûl and Stu for keeping things moving along here, along with all of you regulars answering questions and posting new topics. I'm still here, and still love collecting and talking about Tolkien! Just really, really busy.

I don't expect my day job work-load to fall off for a while, as this is just the first launch of very many to come in the near future - more cable companies, more apps.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kemberlie ... -on-spectrum-tv-platform/

(My company makes a virtualization platform that allows your cable TV box to run Android apps without needing to run Android.)

1_612d27ef38655.png 880X425 px
31 Aug, 2021
2021-8-31 3:47:27 AM UTC
This is very cool and handy!

Congratulations, Urolókë!
31 Aug, 2021
2021-8-31 4:07:29 AM UTC

Urulókë wrote:

For those wondering why I've been a bit quiet here for a while, news is finally public for our first customer's launch for my company's new product, so I can at least talk about it (finally!). I very much want to say thank you to Trotter, Khamûl and Stu for keeping things moving along here, along with all of you regulars answering questions and posting new topics. I'm still here, and still love collecting and talking about Tolkien! Just really, really busy.

I don't expect my day job work-load to fall off for a while, as this is just the first launch of very many to come in the near future - more cable companies, more apps.

(My company makes a virtualization platform that allows your cable TV box to run Android apps without needing to run Android.)

I wonder if there are any Tolkien collectors that aren't working in the software development space...
31 Aug, 2021
2021-8-31 12:18:51 PM UTC

Stu wrote:

Urulókë wrote:

I wonder if there are any Tolkien collectors that aren't working in the software development space...

Uh, Stu I think I'm one of the lonely few who are not. And Urulókë that's fantastic! I'll have to figure out a way to buy y'all's software.
31 Aug, 2021
2021-8-31 12:22:38 PM UTC

Stu wrote:

Urulókë wrote:

Stu you do not want me working anywhere near your software ?
31 Aug, 2021
2021-8-31 12:47:00 PM UTC
Stu:

I'm in IT but not software. I do however share office with the head of our software devops team so I dont have to walk very far :)
31 Aug, 2021
2021-8-31 4:42:53 PM UTC
Not on IT either… running a business making producing Healthy Snack products…! I could use some IT experts though ?
1 Sep, 2021
2021-9-1 1:14:36 AM UTC

onthetrail wrote:

Stu wrote:

Urulókë wrote:

Stu you do not want me working anywhere near your software ?

Tbh, seeing as I'm currently working on performance optimisation for (moderately insane) framework code, I don't want *me* anywhere near my software....
1 Sep, 2021
2021-9-1 2:05:02 AM UTC

Demis wrote:

Not on IT either… running a business making producing Healthy Snack products…! I could use some IT experts though ?

I’m in IT and could use some healthy snacks. ?
1 Sep, 2021
2021-9-1 4:01:41 AM UTC

eorl wrote:

Demis wrote:

I’m in IT and could use some healthy snacks. ?

IT = Incipiently Tubby.
Jump to Last
All original content ©2024 by the submitting authors. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | Contact Us