Tolkien Collector's Guide
Important links:

Guide to Tolkien's Letters
-
Winner of the 2019 Tolkien Society award for Best Website

19 May, 2008
2008-5-19 6:18:57 PM UTC
Okay; thanks for that Trotter...

Various comments Hammond has made on a possible '2nd edition' of Bibliography, suggest this is still a good bit off; because of seperate ongoing commitments himself and Christina have with HC (and of course health.) I guess we'll probably see the site updated before any updated bibliography. Simple typographical errors (rather than errors of content) could be corrected in later printings, but so far have not.

I'm sure Hammond just wants to make any second edition truly updated, and not just corrected and updated half-heartedly.

BH
22 May, 2008
2008-5-22 2:56:11 AM UTC
I've been gradually revamping our website, updating both structure and content, and it occurred to me that since we had never put up any addenda or corrigenda for the Bibliography, it didn't make sense to have a non-link. Long ago I intended to post on the Web the additions and corrections that had been published in the Tolkien Collector, but with so much else taking priority, I never got around to it.

Oak Knoll Books are interested in a second edition of the Bibliography. Khamul is right that this is still over the horizon: once Christina and I fulfilled our book contracts with HarperCollins after many years' work, we turned our attention to badly needed renovations to our house, and frankly wanted some time to catch up with reading, music, films, etc. (Also, I have a demanding day job.) In the meantime, Oak Knoll have been reprinting the original text. When the second edition Bibliography does appear, it will have a lot of rewriting as well as correction, as I know much more now about Tolkien's publishing history than I did before 1993; and of course the book will be a great deal longer, as so much more has been published.

Wayne
22 May, 2008
2008-5-22 3:48:51 PM UTC
When the second edition Bibliography does appear, it will have a lot of rewriting as well as correction, as I know much more now about Tolkien's publishing history than I did before 1993; and of course the book will be a great deal longer, as so much more has been published.

-Wayne Hammond

Hopefully loads of detailed info. from HC only you guys have been privy to? Excited already...

That aside, welcome to TolkienGuide Findegil!

BH
Jump to Last
All original content ©2024 by the submitting authors. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | Contact Us