Sign In
Tolkien Collector's Guide
Important links:

Guide to Tolkien's Letters
-
Winner of the 2019 Tolkien Society award for Best Website

14 Dec, 2006
2006-12-14 12:50:29 AM UTC
That's the Miriel Davidson calendar. Yes, I did pick up a copy. Thanks for looking out for these!

A VERY Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all my fellow obsessive/compulsive lunatics!

Parmastahir
14 Dec, 2006
2006-12-14 8:28:08 AM UTC
Did you receive the bad news about the Henning calendar?
15 Dec, 2006
2006-12-15 4:50:27 PM UTC
Phil:

Fangorn told me about htis one. He is trying to get us a couple and will ship the to me with some other "stuff". I will let you know when they are one the way.
15 Dec, 2006
2006-12-15 4:51:35 PM UTC
What was the bad news about the Henning calendar?
15 Dec, 2006
2006-12-15 5:55:38 PM UTC
First it appeared to not be a calendar as such but a birthday calendar. Then his publisher went bankrupt and now probably we will see no calendar at all.... let us hope Henning can arrange something.
16 Dec, 2006
2006-12-16 12:29:35 AM UTC
I received an email from Henning about the calendar that was titled "+RIP+ birthday calendar +RIP+":

today was supposed to be THE big day I was to receive the long expected birthday calendar.
I had talked with the owner of the printing plant several times during the past three weeks, being reassured that everything was in good order and there would be no problems delivering my calendar today.
On Tuesday I tried to check on the progress. The phones were off. Not operating. I had been told that they had just moved the business to a new location, so I first figured that they had installed some excellent new telephone connection that hardly ever works. Newspapers here are full with it. Today I managed to talk to the publisher of the Dutch Purefantasy magazine who also worked with the same printer and was informed that that business had gone bankrupt.
very small chance the owner would have found a way to carry under a different name. Not impossible, just very unlikely ...
No idea why he has repeatedly given me falso hope.

I really have no idea what to do next. Delivering anything before Christmas now seems impossible.
There always is a spark of hope. I know I am dreaming and can´t rely on any lucky coincidences ...

Just thought ... I´d let you all know. Should there be news ...

Anyway - hope you enjoy the calendar site as long as I can bear to keep it online:
http://www.henj.nl/Calendar/birthday.htm

You can see the illustrations via that link. I am hoping that this is a setback in time only. That is, I hope that Henning will still issue the calendar even if it is after the holidays or in the new year. I am certain that we all wish him luck (and success).

Who is Warrior of Rohan? I have not seen this user name before but you obviously know me!

Holiday Greetings to all.

Away from The Green Hill Country,

Parmastahir
26 Dec, 2006
2006-12-26 4:16:14 PM UTC
Hi Parmastahir, if you are still looking for a copy of the Italian 2007 Eldalie Calendar, there's one on sale on eBay (auction nr 250066655538)
27 Dec, 2006
2006-12-27 12:48:55 AM UTC
Thanks! As the seller has listed it for shipment to Italy only, I have written to them to see if they will agree to ship to the USA.

Happy New Year!

Parmastahir
28 Dec, 2006
2006-12-28 1:13:26 AM UTC
The seller did confirm that (s)he would ship to the USA, and I did put a bid in on it (for the minimum). I have since heard from Firiel Tindomerel of Eldalie that he has both the 2006 and 2007 Eldalie calendars and will send them to me tomorrow. How good is that news?!? So I will tell my fellow collectors over here about this auction and let one of them pick it up (if they so desire).

Thanks to all for the support I have received during 2006. I feel guilty about my good fortune to have had as much in my quest to make my collection truly compleat!

With my best wishes for an absolutely great 2007,

Parmastahir
31 Dec, 2006
2006-12-31 6:36:57 PM UTC
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!

Thank you all for your support in 2006.

I have reformatted my Tolkien calendar website in an attempt to make it much less cluttered and easier to use. As imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, I have considered how the TCG site is laid out (Thanks, Jeremy!) In addition, there are many new additions (2007 calendars and several new discoveries) and a new Calendar of the Month featured for January. Hope you all enjoy (and use) it!

Parmastahir

www.angelfire.com/tn3/tolkiencalendars
Jump to Last
All original content ©2024 by the submitting authors. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | Contact Us