Super Deluxe Sigurd & Gudrun
(1) 2

Super Deluxe Sigurd & Gudrun

Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship

Having a bit more cash than I did when it came out, I am thinking about buying a super deluxe Sigurd & Gudrun ... but given HarperCollins' history of discounting, I'm reluctant to pay full price. What do you lot think - is it worth buying at full price now, or should I hang on?

- wellinghall

By laurel

Re: Super Deluxe Sigurd & Gudrun

Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship

Hi
I would hang on. These copies are definately now hitting second hand market if in right place at right time. I picked up one pre christmas in quick ebay raid offering a reduced £180 for a quick cash sale and seller accepted. Admittidly had to collect which was a pain but well worth it. Great book and a low number thrown in.

Good luck

From California, USA
Group:
Thain
Shirefolk
Fellowship

If you don't have one yet, I would guess that there will be a sale at some point through HC website that will include these. Who knows, though, they may hold off this time and let these trickle-sell for the next few years at full retail.

Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship

Thanks for the advice, both. I'll see what others have to say, of course, but I think I will hold off just for now. It's not as though the money is exactly burning a hole in my pocket!

Of course, if anyone has something else they want to sell for £350, I might just be your man ...

- wellinghall

From Scotland
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Shirrif

Yeh, I'd wait for the predictable HC sale. They'll undoubtedly have 30% again at some point, and the Super Deluxe volumes are never excluded. £245 is not bad with zero postage. Number will be pretty high thought I guess...

You could make that spending pot a little bigger if you'd only sell me that 1978 Silmarillion production mock-up you have squirreled away!

BH

(1) 2
© 2018 TolkienGuide.com and respective authors. Contact Us