Tolkien Collector's Guide
Tolkien Encyclopedia
By Jlong

Tolkien Encyclopedia

Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship

Evidently, the paperback version of the Tolkien Encyclopedia has been released. Still pricey but a lot more reasonable than the hardback.

http://www.amazon.com/J-R-R-Tolkien-E ... /ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

By Stu

Re: Tolkien Encyclopedia

Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Shirrif

Jlong wrote:
Evidently, the paperback version of the Tolkien Encyclopedia has been released. Still pricey but a lot more reasonable than the hardback.

http://www.amazon.com/J-R-R-Tolkien-E ... /ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

Any idea if this version has been reworked (including the extensive errata), as the original was not very well regarded?

By Morgan

From Sweden
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship

There were comments about this at the Facebook Tolkien Society page some time ago, and someone with an insight said that this version hasn't been reworked.

From California, USA
Group:
Thain
Shirefolk
Fellowship

Professor Drout confirms that it is the same text (as far as he knows). The publisher did not contact him before releasing the paperback edition, sadly.

Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship

I ordered this through Amazon UK last April. This morning I find that it has been despatched with delivery tomorrow. I never bought the hardback, but now looking forward to reading through and seeing what mistakes I can spot!

Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship

Just arrived and possibly one of the largest paperbacks I have ever seen! I hope the binding is up to the use it will get. No indication that there have been any changes from the hardback edition. Copyright states 2007 by Taylor and Francis Group, LLC First issued in paperback 2013.

All original content © 2018 by the submitting authors. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | Contact Us