Tolkien Collector's Guide
Latest HarperCollins paperback editions
By Deagol

Latest HarperCollins paperback editions

From UK
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship

I have located paperback copies of The Silmarillion in the latest cover design - Taniquetil with the blue moon behind - in both A-Format and B-Format.

Has anybody seen the equivalent covers for The Hobbit, FR, TT & RK in A-Format?

Re: Latest HarperCollins paperback editions

From Scotland
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Shirrif

Deagol, does the smaller A-Format (which I don't have yet) have the same ISBN as the old A-Format Silmarillion from 1999; and does it continue with the impression numbering?

BH

You drive a hard bargain – you can have it for £10 all-in – one consolation (for you) is that you do not have to hear the cries of my children, for bread...

By Deagol

From UK
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship

Same ISBN but 13 digit now.
Mine is impression no.67.

From Scotland
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Shirrif

A 67th impression?! It's amazing that they're still running this impression numbering from nearly 15 years ago.

BH

You drive a hard bargain – you can have it for £10 all-in – one consolation (for you) is that you do not have to hear the cries of my children, for bread...

Feb 20, 2014 - in Books and other printed materials (edited)
Group:
Shirefolk

I'd seen the cover illustration for the A-format Silmarillion, but I wasn't sure if it was really being used for a book. I guess it is.

I've recently seen an illustration in a similar style for Unfinished Tales, but I wasn't aware of a new edition. Anyone know if this is genuine, or just a misleading stock image?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Unfinished-Tales-9780261102163-Paperback-BRAND-NEW-FREE-P-H-/191055792206?pt=Fiction&hash=item2c7bd0084e

125_53065391360a5.jpg 329X500 px

By Deagol

Feb 21, 2014 - in Books and other printed materials (edited)
From UK
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship

The ISBN is for the illustrated paperback edition of UT, so it may be an image error as the cover changes have not affected the illustrated editions as far as I know.

I have now found the equivalent A-Format edition of The Hobbit - ISBN 9780261102217 - mine is a 115th impression of the "2006 Edition".

All original content © 2018 by the submitting authors. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | Contact Us