« 1 ... 156 157 158 (159) 160 161 162 ... 270 »

Re: The Wonders of eBay
Shirrif
From Scotland
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Shirrif
I don't understand how Active items in your Watch list sometimes totally disappear (like in this instance --I had to use the link above to find the item again) from your account, yet at other times they just get bumped into your Ended list, with a little note saying they're not available...

BH

Posted on: 2013/1/2 4:36

Home away from home
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Yes I had noted that too in various auctions this year.
I am wondering if it is when Ebay themselves end the auction. So in this example maybe they ended it as were not happy re payment terms?
Also under completed items it often gives a buy it now figure it sold at but when you actual go into the item it gives a lower figure. Assume this is a best offer sale rather than a buy it now but very confusing.

Posted on: 2013/1/2 5:36

Shirrif
From Scotland
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Shirrif
Yeh, if it's an auction, & you go into the listing, it states "Winning bidder". If it was a Buy-it-now (whether with a Best offer option, or not), it states "Sold for". But you're right, you have to click one step further (on "See original listing") before it reveals the price it sold for (which for offers is often less than the "Price"), rather than the just the price it listed at. And, sometimes you get into that bit, & it didn't sell at all. Or, at least, if it doesn't state "Sold for" --& I always assume it didn't.

It's all pretty annoying actually. It's the same when you search for completed auctions by price & you have to scroll through hundreds of red (i.e. auctions that finished with no bidders) listings, while trying to catch the auctions which actually sold something! Why would I want to look at all the items that didn't sell?; at least when performing this search. Granted, you should be able to find them somewhere, but not when you want a list of top selling Tolkien, for example.

BH

Posted on: 2013/1/2 6:22

Shirrif
From Scotland
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Shirrif
'Tis back up...

Lord of the Rings by Tolkien The Silmarillion (Starting bid: £5,000.00)

"Will have to discuss with successful buyer carriage for this item depending on where it is going."

One would hope postage could be thrown in, for this price.

BH

Posted on: 2013/1/2 8:23

Shirrif
From Essex, England
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Shirrif
I hate defacing books, this looks like five year old children have had a go with crayons

"The Hobbit book
Cover signed by Peter Jackson
Inside pages signed by Martin Freeman and all the actors who played the dwarves who attended the Hobbit premiere in London.
100% authentic I waited six hours in the cold and it was worth it unfortunately I need money to finance a trip to LA and I was left with no other alternative but to sell one of my dearest possessions.
If you have any questions please ask.
"

dearest possession that you got about 3 weeks ago

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/The-Hobbit- ... hs_CV&hash=item4d08681083

£350 as well

Attach file:

jpg  DefacedHobbit1.JPG (67.31 KB)
10_50e743a2d3c2f.jpg 654X657 px

jpg  DefacedHobbit2.JPG (58.03 KB)
10_50e743b271841.jpg 655X657 px

Posted on: 2013/1/4 13:59

Edited by Trotter on 2013/1/4 14:12:12