Tolkien Collector's Guide
Important links:

Guide to Tolkien's Letters
-
Winner of the 2019 Tolkien Society award for Best Website

16 Jan, 2011
2011-1-16 1:17:40 PM UTC

Khamul,

Yes, it is true. One an the same. I thought a name change was a long time comin', I'm not particularly good at coming up with names for myself and was never very happy with the former. We'll see how Elwë works out. I imagine it will go quite well, until I become consumed by my lust for a Silmaril, and ultimately ensnared by the doom of Feanor! (We'll focus on the good times, for now though.)

Regards,
Steve (my real name )

I think Khamul is already consumed by a lust for a Silmarillion, and ultimately ensnared by the doom of Feanor in collecting Silmarillions
16 Jan, 2011
2011-1-16 3:24:12 PM UTC
I'm glad to see my fanatical Silmarillion acquisition obsession, finally being recognised. Incidentally, in the Recent Visitors section to the left, it still says alpingloin. And, although I haven't gone back & looked at your old posts Elwë, you do now seem to favour, with much regularity, the use of italics...

BH
17 Jan, 2011
2011-1-17 1:39:18 PM UTC
Khamul,

The reason for the recent visitor section still saying 'Alpingloin' is that I am able to change my display name in the account settings, but not my actual user name (login name). Maybe Urulókë can help me straighten this out.

P.S. Not exactly sure about the increased usage of italics. Now that you mention it, though, I have been feeling a little slanty lately.
17 Jan, 2011
2011-1-17 6:12:11 PM UTC
Bug in "Recent Visitors" fixed. Thanks for pointing it out, guys!
Jump to Last
All original content ©2024 by the submitting authors. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | Contact Us