Some of you might be interested in recent updates at TolkienBooks.net:

Notes on the History of Middle-earth Series
HarperCollins has kindly consented to the publication of some information regarding the History of Middle-earth Series. Due in part to the fact that Wayne Hammond’s Tolkien bibliography was published before the final three volumes of the HoMe series, there seems to be a lot of misleading information around on the web, especially on ebay. Hopefully the following will go a little way to rectifying this.

First up are the print run sizes for the final three volumes in the series:

Vol. 10
Vol. 11
Vol. 12

Perhaps the most noteworthy part of this information is that about the rumour of copies of The Peoples of Middle-earth being recalled/pulped – this story can now finally be laid to rest – see here.

In addition, the Summary of Print Run Sizes for the HoMe series is now a little more complete.

Details from HarperCollins and an ex-Allen & Unwin employee have enabled me to update the Prices on Dustwrappers article.

The Bibliography
I have finally got around to working on the main bibliography. February saw a big update, with 15 new entries added, and many minor amendments.

This month I have been setting up a new database that will eventually power the entire site. The first two sections to benefit from the upgrade are:

The Middle Years – 1938-1953
and
The Later Years – 1955-1973

These sections now also give details of published letters, artwork, interviews, recordings and other miscellaneous bits and pieces.

More coming next month.