Berelach
10 hours 7 minutes ago

Browsing this Thread:   2 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 153 154 155 (156) 157 158 159 »

Re: New Book Releases
Quite a regular
Group:
Fellowship
The thought of this set being issued in the ongoing Deluxe format did cross my mind. Each of the 10 releases so far have been individually slipcased and a unique color (some of the color choices have baffled me and the upcoming B&L looks to be quite similar to The Hobbit). I hope that if these volumes constitute the 12th, 13th, and 14th books in the series, they will follow suit. They could be boxed like the sets gathering the first 4 and 5 books of the series.

Posted on: 4/2 16:26:13

Just can't stay away
Group:
Shirefolk

Karl wrote:
The thought of this set being issued in the ongoing Deluxe format did cross my mind. Each of the 10 releases so far have been individually slipcased and a unique color (some of the color choices have baffled me and the upcoming B&L looks to be quite similar to The Hobbit). I hope that if these volumes constitute the 12th, 13th, and 14th books in the series, they will follow suit. They could be boxed like the sets gathering the first 4 and 5 books of the series.

Indeed the thought had crossed my mind over the years too. It would be very nice to have these in the new deluxe format.

Posted on: 4/2 20:45:15

Just can't stay away
Group:
Shirefolk
So any update from HC about what the new HOME set might be?

On a related note, I liked the cut out slipcases of the LOTR and TH deluxe editions, and the three colour foil stamping. They looked very premium. Lately, except for Tales From the Perilous Realm, the rest of the slipcases have seemed pretty lazy to me.

Beren and Luthien looks like it is designed by Alan Lee. It looks nice, but I do wish they used different colours, especially since there seem to be several motifs incorporated in the design (lady, nightingale, star).

Posted on: 4/7 18:24:47

Shirrif
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Shirrif

Earl wrote:
So any update from HC about what the new HOME set might be?

On a related note, I liked the cut out slipcases of the LOTR and TH deluxe editions, and the three colour foil stamping. They looked very premium. Lately, except for Tales From the Perilous Realm, the rest of the slipcases have seemed pretty lazy to me.

Beren and Luthien looks like it is designed by Alan Lee. It looks nice, but I do wish they used different colours, especially since there seem to be several motifs incorporated in the design (lady, nightingale, star).

Sorry, heard nothing back. Agree with your points regard the cutouts and coloured foil.

Posted on: 4/7 19:12:17

Just can't stay away
Group:
Shirefolk
Stu, I googled the ISBN and found this: http://www.harpercollins.com.au/97800 ... -deluxe-boxed-set-edition

An excerpt of the description:
This very special collector's edition brings together all twelve books into three hardback volumes – over 5,000 pages of fascinating Tolkien material – and places them in one matching box.

Posted on: 4/7 20:03:42

« 1 ... 153 154 155 (156) 157 158 159 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]