« 1 ... 19 20 21 (22) 23 24 25 ... 63 »

Re: New Book Releases
Shirrif
From Scotland
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Shirrif
Did it only cost £4.99 at first? (I assume that's not including postage.) It's £11.99 on their site at the moment. I suppose it's quite like their 2008 release, when they put out that H with the slipcase. It was pretty well made for a book costing only a fiver.

TolkienBooks.net

BH

Posted on: 2013/2/20 16:10

Home away from home
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Yes, definitely £4.99 for the first couple of months.

I know because I bought a couple more at a later stage (not sure why exactly - but they seemed good value at that price).

Postage was free. They do offers every now and again with discounts & free postage. And there is free postage with orders over a certain value. Think I got 10% off and free postage at the time, so actually only cost £4.50 (and then 5% cashback at one of those cashback sites bringing the price down a little further).

Posted on: 2013/2/20 16:23

Home away from home
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Just looked at the bookpeople website.

The one for sale at the moment for £11.99 may actually be the Harpercollins Trade Edition (without DJ). Cannot be 100% positive about this though.

They do also sell the regular trade editions and may have sold out of their own club edition.

Posted on: 2013/2/20 16:53

Home away from home
From Sweden
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Khamûl, please let us know if the edition sold by thebookpeople has the dustjacket, since I also fancy getting a copy. (If I understood you correctly you have placed an order.)

Posted on: 2013/2/21 0:32

Shirrif
From Scotland
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Shirrif
Okay, got the jacketed ("book club") copy in front of me. There is no indication anywhere (book or jacket) that it's anything other than a HarperCollins (trade) edition. In fact all the printed matter (copyright pg., etc) is the same; same sheets presumably. The jacket has the ISBN on it & (as remy says) a price (--& a barcode.)

It is, however, distinguishable from the jacketless copy by its boards; which are paper covered. (In the photo, pg. previous, that I posted --this is hard to discern.)

BH

Posted on: 2013/2/23 9:34

« 1 ... 19 20 21 (22) 23 24 25 ... 63 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.