I bought a lovely little piece of ephemera today, A Tolkien Book of Days (HarperCollins 1996).

I would be glad for any help on the following questions:

1) Are the contents of this diary exactly reproduced from The Tolkien Diary (Grafton 1992)?

2) Is there any "unique" Tolkien material (or, material that can only be found in very expensive, out-of-print publications) in A Tolkien Book of Days? I'm specifically thinking of the illustrations (since the quotations all seem to come from widely available sources)? I cannot, for example, find the flower reproduced over 13-15 November in my copy of J.R.R. Tolkien: Artist and Illustrator (Hammond and Scull).

3) Across the book are sprinkled some very small illustrations and I wonder if all of these were made by Tolkien (and originally reproduced in Pictures by J.R.R. Tolkien, which I sadly don't own yet) - for example the tiny spider and cobweb appearing below 15 March?

4) Anyone happens to know who wrote the short introduction and the "factual" texts appearing on several dates? The only people mentioned in the book are Frank Richard Williamson and Christopher Tolkien, but I suspect neither of these took part in writing these texts (?).