Jlong
16 hours 50 minutes ago

Khamûl
19 hours 43 minutes ago

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 »

Re: Poster Maps, illustrated by Pauline Baynes and JRRT
Just popping in
I am also would like to estimate the value of the same type of posters by Pauline Bayne. I have the map of Middle Earth 10th printing 1978, map of Beleriand printed 1978, map of Wilderland printed 1979 but by another artist, H.E. Riddett. I laminated them all so as to preserve them but I would like to know if this devalues them. As a consequence of laminating them they are all beautifully preserved with vivid colour intact and have never been mounted or framed. I am looking into selling them.

Posted on: 2012/5/23 11:56

Just popping in
Group:
Shirefolk
How's this for a bit of thread necromancy (note: Sauron was not involved in any way, shape or form )

I still have these posters as mentioned in the first post. Over the last three years I keep debating whether to sell them or not, but am curious if the prices have changed much since I last enquired.

As mentioned, they are as follows:

Bilbo's Last Song illustrated by Pauline Baynes - Seventh Impression

Map of Middle-Earth illustrated by Pauline Baynes (the Fellowship at the top, Black Riders at the bottom) - Second Impression

Map of Beleriand (and the lands to the north) - with drawings of the emblems of the various Elven houses top and bottom - drawings of the embles by Tolkiien, map drawing by his son, Christopher

'Combined' poster - at the top is Thror's Map, at the bottom is Wilderland - both maps as seen in The Hobbit, map of Wilderland is in full colour

Bilbo Comes to the Huts of the Raft Elves - this is a poster advertisement for a 1987 exhibition at the Bodleian Library in Oxford, 'Drawings for The Hobbit by J. R. R. Tolkien' - this contains a large print of Tolkien's original drawing, now in colour

I also have quite a number of 'postcards' with Tolkien maps, etc on them. I bought these in person from the Bodleian Library in Oxford about 20 years ago.

Any ideas please?

Thanks

Posted on: 4/9 6:11:16

Shirrif
From Essex, England
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Shirrif
I would sell them as separate items, and not try and sell them as one item, and post your auctions on this site.

Posted on: 4/9 9:52:51

Just popping in
Group:
Shirefolk
Will do, thanks.

However, I want to list them at a fair starting price and also ensure that I get the "right" amount, so was just wondering what prices I should list them for. :)

Posted on: 4/9 10:37:51

Home away from home
From Queenstown, New Zealand
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship

Mithrandir wrote:
Will do, thanks.

However, I want to list them at a fair starting price and also ensure that I get the "right" amount, so was just wondering what prices I should list them for. :)

I'd start low and advertise the auction on all the Tolkien forums. Pricing is a total guess (and one I'm not qualified to make), but if you make sure people are aware of the auctions, you should end up with a fair price.

Posted on: 4/9 23:37:26

« 1 (2) 3 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]