Tolkien Museum in Switzerland
Shirrif
From Essex, England
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Shirrif
From Beren

There have been rumors around for some time about a Museum which is being build in Switzerland that is totally dedicated to Tolkien, or better said to Middle-earth the land Tolkien created. There are talks about a real hobbit hole, hundreds of original pieces of Middle-earth art, etc. Well I can tell you, these rumors are true! I was very happy to see an article at The Italian Tolkien Society website about it and I'm so grateful to be able to post an English version of the article here. The museum will open in 2013, just to give us time to pack our bags! It will be called "Greisinger Middle-earth Collection" and is located in Jenins, a little village in the Grisons canton with just 847 inhabitants, on the border with Liechtenstein. The Italian Tolkien Society talked with a curator. Since the beginning I have been in contact with the people behind the Museum so I'll be writing about it and the amazing collection more ofthen during this year!

http://www.tolkienlibrary.com/press/1 ... th_Museum_Switzerland.php

Posted on: 2011/12/25 4:42

Re: Tolkien Museum in Switzerland
Just can't stay away
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
we have been thinking about another holiday to Switzerland...that settles it. it wil be interesting to see what other items end up in the museum

Dior

Posted on: 2011/12/25 16:32

Shirrif
From Essex, England
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Shirrif
Mark Faith had commented on Beren's original story but the comment seems to be no longer available on the site.

"If this story remains live, you will find further comments on my Facebook page including those about your involvement in the past venture. I will not sit back and watch my ideas stolen and used by you and he for your own profilt! You both had the chance to work with me as we did from the start, but chose instead to leave all of us at Festival in the Shire hanging."

Beren had replied "This article is a translation of an article that was published by the Italian Tolkien Society. I have no involvement in the development of this Musuem, just like you I have visited it some times in the past when it was under construction. And so far as I know this museum is not being made for profit, but is there to promote Middle-earth and all things Tolkien. I'm happy you promote the same with the Festival in the Shire. Keep up the great work!"

Posted on: 2011/12/26 2:39

Home away from home
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Yes Trotter I did remove his remarks which did not have anything to do with the article or better marked it as spam. I will not allow people to ventilate their anger towards third parties through my website.

Posted on: 2011/12/26 2:46

Shirrif
From Essex, England
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Shirrif
Beren, I think your reply was fair and to the point and I agree with all your points.

Also some members here may be happy to loan items to the Musuem for display, can you look into whether the Musuem would be interested in this.

Posted on: 2011/12/26 2:54

(1) 2 3 4 ... 6 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]