Sign In
Tolkien Collector's Guide
Important links:

Guide to Tolkien's Letters
-
Winner of the 2019 Tolkien Society award for Best Website

29 Jul, 2012
2012-7-29 4:14:46 AM UTC
Thanks for the book tip jlong. I definately know there is value in the Narnia series! But to pay upwards of $1000 for each book in a 7 book series...!

It was only a few years ago that I was introduced to the Space Trilogy and, while not as engrossing as LOTR in my opinion, i found them to be brilliant books.
I've known about Screwtape, The Great Divorce and some of his religious books since childhood. Only recently did I consider looking for early printings of Lewis and when I tried to do some research it seemed like the actual first printing of a lot of his works were in journals and the like.

Anyway, thanks for the help!
29 Jul, 2012
2012-7-29 2:03:26 PM UTC
I'm interested in Lewis, too. My copies of Narnia and the space trilogy are all reprints, and not at all valuable. but I do have an interest in his non-fiction, too - only yesterday I found a copy of 'The Personal Heresy - a Controversy', in Blackwell's.

It's in v.good condition (though the boards bend outwards a little) and, apart from the odd spot here and there, the d/w (priceclipped) is in as good a state as I could wish; a lovely colour and no chipping. I'm very pleased, esp. about the price - £70.00.
Jump to Last
All original content ©2024 by the submitting authors. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | Contact Us