Tolkien Collector's Guide
Important links:

Guide to Tolkien's Letters
-
Winner of the 2019 Tolkien Society award for Best Website

17 Aug, 2013
2013-8-17 11:04:17 AM UTC
The fake signature was re-listed and did not sell, wonderful

I think he was shill-bidding against me last time. Tip Never bid on Private Auctions on ebay, you have no view on who is bidding against you (could very easily be the seller, to inflate the price)

eBay Item #161085001540
2 Sep, 2013
2013-9-2 4:55:33 PM UTC
One bid in the last auction, they ignored 'buyer beware'.

eBay Item #161091945312
23 Nov, 2013 (edited)
2013-11-23 10:23:28 AM UTC
eBay Churchill fakes seller Allan Formhals sentence upheld

"Allan Formhals was jailed for 10 months in 2012 after being found guilty of 10 counts of fraud

An antiques dealer jailed for selling forged Winston Churchill memorabilia on the online auction site eBay has failed in a bid to overturn his convictions.

Allan Formhals from Milford on Sea was found guilty of 10 counts of fraud in December and jailed for 10 months.

The 67-year-old lawyers appealed his sentence, claiming the original jury's verdicts were "logically inconsistent".

Three Court of Appeal judges in London said there was nothing wrong with the verdicts and upheld his convictions.

But Lord Justice Davis, sitting with Mr Justice Nicol and Judge Elgan Edwards QC, said the trial judge had accurately summed up to the jury what Formhals' defence was.

Dismissing the appeal, he said he and his fellow judges "can see no logical inconsistency in the overall result" and that the court was "satisfied the convictions are safe".
"

So this means that he will now face the Proceedings of Crime laws in the UK, in which he will be required to repay all the money that he gained illegally from his criminal activities.

If anyone on the board has suffered financially from Allan's activities then please let me know the amount and I will inform the police?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-25044756

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proceeds_of_Crime_Act_2002
27 Nov, 2013
2013-11-27 9:43:01 AM UTC
eBay Item #171182619781

Do we think this is anotehr Allan effort?

Either way it looks poor to me. Why would he sign on the edge of a page like this. RUBBISH in my view
Thoughts
Jump to Last
All original content ©2024 by the submitting authors. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | Contact Us