Tolkien Collector's Guide
Important links:

Guide to Tolkien's Letters
-
Winner of the 2019 Tolkien Society award for Best Website

Limited Emily Austin Print

21 Nov, 2023
2023-11-21 3:13:34 PM UTC

Limited to 150 signed and numbered copies.

Here it is! I'm absolutely delighted to announce a special run of poster prints featuring my watercolor painting, Arrival at the Inn:
https://emilyaustindesign.com/prancing-pony-prints.

This release, limited to only 150 copies, is offered in partnership with Shawn and Alan from the Prancing Pony Podcast. They originally commissioned me to paint this piece for the cover of their book, Why We Love Middle-earth.

Now for the sale info—starting today and continuing through the end of the month, these prints along with my entire shop are all on 25% markdown. This is my biggest sale of the year, so make use of it while you can!! 🤩 https://emilyaustindesign.etsy.com

🔎 More print details 🔎

These poster prints are a statement at a total of 16 inches wide and 20 inches tall. The artwork area measures 12x16 inches—about 30% larger than the original painting and thus the perfect way to drink in every detail.

The title of the painting and the book run along the top, while my handwritten numbering and signature are placed below the art. The posters ship FREE to US addresses, rolled in a sturdy 3" mailing tube.
https://emilyaustindesign.com/prancing-pony-prints

5058_655cc91a292c2.jpeg 1462X1866 px
21 Nov, 2023 (edited)
2023-11-21 3:33:41 PM UTC
Really like this print. Postage to the UK by Etsy is a bit expensive though (more than £20 I think). Very nice painting though. I am sure this will sell out fast.
21 Nov, 2023
2023-11-21 4:21:17 PM UTC
I’d like a non-limited, unnumbered and unsigned option for a fraction of the price! (See her other Etsy listings)
21 Nov, 2023
2023-11-21 4:52:35 PM UTC
Lake Town Geezer - yeah, shipping from the USA to international locations is eye-watering at this point. There really aren't economical options. Shipping from the to the USA is also getting unbearable - paying £30 to get a £10 book from Abebooks or similar is just no longer doable for me. If you really want a print, maybe there are a few others near you who could combine an order? Shipping two or three prints together likely wouldn't cost Emily any more in postage, if you contact her to ask.
21 Nov, 2023
2023-11-21 6:43:07 PM UTC
Uruloke - thanks for this. Yes, I have sent things to the US before, but always had to take a risk with lower cost postage. I may look at buying several prints at the same time, then if Ms Austin can maybe combine in one package it would work out better. Lovely print though. I would really love an original - that would be something!
21 Nov, 2023
2023-11-21 6:46:38 PM UTC

Lake Town Geezer wrote:

Uruloke - thanks for this. Yes, I have sent things to the US before, but always had to take a risk with lower cost postage. I may look at buying several prints at the same time, then if Ms Austin can maybe combine in one package it would work out better. Lovely print though. I would really love an original - that would be something!

I know that she is open to commissions, if you contact her.
21 Nov, 2023
2023-11-21 6:50:52 PM UTC
Thanks Trotter. Done. Let's see what happens - will keep you posted.

p.s. Nice thing about Etsy is you can see the number sold. Looks like 8-9 prints purchased already.
Jump to Last
All original content ©2024 by the submitting authors. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | Contact Us