18 hours 43 minutes ago

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 »

Re: Signed Deluxe Children of Hurin
Home away from home
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
That is about what i found out before I was told it would not appear... If it happens it will be published it must be ordered through tolkien.co.uk
This site will be much better then the old one, is aimed to be a news source and much more up to date. It will also be used to sell special editions... i hope also lots of contests and giveaways!

Any more questions?

Posted on: 2007/2/6 17:42

Home away from home
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
There is a photo up on Amazon.com (U.S.A.) of the deluxe edition Children of Hurin.

http://www.amazon.com/Children-Hurin- ... R-R-Tolkien/dp/0618904417

I thought it was a bit curious that the Houghton Mifflin version looks a lot like the Harper Collins version. This was not the case with 50th Ann. Lord of the Rings. I wonder what the differences are. For one thing, the price is a lot less. Amazon lists the Houghton version at $47.25 USD, while the Harper Collins UK version is listed currently at £42.00 GBP (or about $80.70 USD).

Posted on: 2007/3/5 11:54

Home away from home
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Regarding my last post.... I am not sure that it belongs under this topic, as it has nothing to do with a signed edition. Without starting a new thread, I thought this was the best place for it. Maybe with the release of the new book coming up soon, it is time to start a dedicated thread to the Children of Hurin. It is not often that a new Tolkien book of this magnitude is released!

Posted on: 2007/3/5 11:59

Just popping in
Group:
Shirefolk
This might not be the right topic for this, but I was wondering if The Children of Húrin was going to be published in the "Black Edition," which looks like this.
All my Tolkien books (The Silmarillion, Unfinished Tales, The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings) are in this edition and I'd like to keep it that way if possible. No one will probably know this but I thought I'd ask anyway ^^

Posted on: 2007/4/3 17:49

Home away from home
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
As far as I know this will NOT happen... the large type edition will normally have black or grey covers, but this is to match the other large type editions... but fo now no black paperback edition has been announced.

Posted on: 2007/4/4 0:00

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]