« 1 (2)

Re: UK HOME Hardbacks
Shirrif
From Scotland
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Shirrif
Sounds good. Don't know about later impressions specifically lacking particular features; but vol's 1-4 (first impressions) have dyed top page edges.

Interestingly Andy at ADCbooks states that a copy of BoLTs I 1rst/1rst passed through his hands without dye; and that this was as issued (i.e. no sign of faded dye under scrutiny with magnifying glass.) Which all sounds perfectly possible with HoME...

BH

Posted on: 2008/8/11 11:16

Re: UK HOME Hardbacks
Home away from home
From Queenstown, New Zealand
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
>....Which all sounds perfectly possible with HoME...

Yes, the HoME books seem to be a law unto themselves with regards to consistency. For instance, I have two GA&U 3rd impressions of BoLT1 (which were simply extras acquired when purchasing a couple of lots of books -- and I have never gotten around to selling on). Copy 1 is printed by Mackeys and is listed as "Third impression 1984". Copy 2 - also printed by Mackeys - is listed as "Third impression 1983" (and also lists the second impression, which copy 1 does not). Given the same book, printer and publisher - this seems kind of confusing! Now I think about it, I'm also pretty sure that I have seen at least one top stained BoLT2 second impression on eBay (despite mine having no top stain).

Stu

Posted on: 2008/8/11 17:29

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.