Sign In
Tolkien Collector's Guide
Important links:

Guide to Tolkien's Letters
-
Winner of the 2019 Tolkien Society award for Best Website

30 Sep, 2006
2006-9-30 2:12:44 PM UTC
Fall is officially here. Hope everyone enjoys the season!

Added a "new" (previously uncatalogued) calendar to the website (1991 Laurin/Hamburg). Also updated the Calendar of the Month feature for October. You may check them out at:

www.angelfire.com/tn3/tolkiencalendars

As always, I would be pleased to hear from fellow collectors.

Away from The Green Hill Country,

Parmastahir
2 Oct, 2006
2006-10-2 3:07:52 PM UTC
So I was quite happy to see that a copy of Meretricious 1968 showed up on eBay, but the caledar is missing! Ah well...

eBay item 110039786028

Jeremy
2 Oct, 2006
2006-10-2 9:06:58 PM UTC
Looks like the Società Tolkieniana Italiana has their 2007 calendar out. No information on the website (below) yet, perhaps Soronel can provide some?

2007 Calendar

Jeremy
2 Oct, 2006
2006-10-2 10:00:32 PM UTC

Rowns wrote:
Looks like the Società Tolkieniana Italiana has their 2007 calendar out. No information on the website (below) yet, perhaps Soronel can provide some?

Jeremy

I attended the presentation of the calendar at the "Hobbiton" (the annual party of the Italian Tolkien Society), but I wasn't very interested (I'm not much into calendars). I only remember that the theme for the calendar is The Hobbit. The artists (all italian) are: Marco Addamiano, Francesca Bisaro, Maria Distefano, Marina Fusari, Francesca Gobbo, Alessandro Maccari, Dario Righetto, Maria Chiara Rossetti, Marina Sussa, Cinzia Zonta.

Sorry, but I cannot find anywhere a picture of ther calendar to show. I'll ask around if some of my friends have it.

You may be interested to know that there's another Tolkien calendar in Italy: it's the one made by the association "Eldalie", you can find here some pictures of the 2006 issue.
5 Oct, 2006
2006-10-5 2:48:37 AM UTC
Hi Soronel -

When I first found out about the 2006 Eldalie calendar, I communicated with Firiel Tindomerel (Simone) at Eldalie. She assured me that she had reserved a copy for me and would send one. But I was never able to get her to send despite repeated requests, offers of payment, etc. Eventually, I was able to obtain a copy of the 2006 S.T.I. calendar, assumed that it was the same one that Firiel had offered, and let the matter drop. Now that I see some of the illustrations from the Eldalie calendar, I know that this is indeed a separate issue from the S.T.I. Is there any chance that you can help me to obtain one of the 2006 Eldalie calendars even though it is now October? Do you have any contacts that are members of Eldalie that could help me? I wrote back to Firiel this evening to open the matter back up. But if she could not send it back in January, what chance is there that she would be able to do so now? Thanks for your post - even though it the news it brings (of a missed opportunity) is disappointing to me. Your support is much appreciated.

Parmastahir
5 Oct, 2006
2006-10-5 7:34:25 PM UTC
Well, I know some members of Eldalie, and I'll ask them what can be done. BTW, Firiel is a man.

Here are some pictures from Eldalie's 2007 calendar (still not available).

And here (hosted by ImageShack) is the cover of a CD that the S.T.I. issued to promote the 2007 calendar: the design is very similar to that of the calendar itself.
6 Oct, 2006
2006-10-6 10:36:05 PM UTC
Hi Soronel -

THANKS for the update on both the S.T.I. and Eldalie 2007 calendars. And THANKS for inquiring about the 2006 Eldalie to any members that may help me in my hour of need! OK, it's not the end of the world if I don't get one. But I would surely love to do so! And it's frustrating to me to have come so close with Simone and not have gotten it.

Thanks also for letting me know that Simone is a he. I did write to him after reading your earlier clarification about the 2006 Eldalie. No response yet. And I have asked Davide Martini, whom I have gotten many of the Italian (S.T.I. et al) calendars from and who seems to be able to obtain them, if he could come up with one (or several as I know of other collectors that would love to obtain one.

No word back from the S.T.I. about selling their 2007 to me. So I have also asked Davide about it. Would seem that I should now ask him about the 2007 Eldalie also!

I much appreciate your information on these calendars and any efforts you may make on my behalf. Even if I can not collect them (hopefully, I will!), I would like to add them to my catalog/website.

Parmastahir
8 Oct, 2006
2006-10-8 7:59:50 AM UTC
Hi Parmastahir,

hate to shake the tree again when Italy is getting all your attention, but I ran across this reference for a Russian fanzine that has a calendar in it (Tret'ya Tema or "Third Theme" from the Mellon fan group in the 1993 special issue).

Marquette catalog entry for Tret'ya Tema

I've asked Sumner Hunnewell if he has any further information on it that might help.

Jeremy
8 Oct, 2006
2006-10-8 2:25:47 PM UTC
Hi Jeremy -

Shake that tree all that you wish. This fruit is exactly why I started this thread! Now how to find a copy of that one?!? Anyone out there with contacts to this Russian TS? Thanks.

Phil

p.s. - And since you mentioned Sumner (Hildifons), he signs his emails "Away from Tuckborough". So I started using "Away from The Green Hill Country". Mine has a reference to both LotR and where I live (Vermont, The Green Mountain State).
10 Oct, 2006
2006-10-10 2:47:07 PM UTC
Hi Jeremy -

Thanks VERY much to you and Hildifons for your efforts on my behalf. I did get your email with the photos attached. They are perfect. Will soon add them to my website.

And thanks for getting this website and forums back up. I missed the old ones and the users that frequented it. I have heard from several since these reopened. You have my great gratitude for doing so.

Parmastahir
Jump to Last
All original content ©2024 by the submitting authors. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | Contact Us