6 hours 35 minutes ago

Beren
6 hours 43 minutes ago

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Children of Húrin Houghton Mifflin Deluxe Edition
Just popping in
Group:
Shirefolk
I just received my Houghton Mifflin Deluxe Edition today! Which was a big surprise, since the last notification I received stated this version was backordered beyond the release date of May 16th. However, what I found to be more surprising is that the gold foil stamping is identical to the version found on the Harper Collins Deluxe Edition! I had read that the Houghton Mifflin version would have larger stamping. Maybe this was just a pre-production design.

Is it possible that the Houghton Mifflin first impression that reportedly sold out very quickly per preorders and they held back for a reprint? The copy I just received may be from a more recent printing or second impression that happens to be identical to the stamping on the Harper Collins version.

The idea here is that I would like to know whether this is indeed a true first impression by Houghton Mifflin or a second printing. If I found out more, I will post.

Posted on: 2007/5/14 13:00

Re: Children of Húrin Houghton Mifflin Deluxe Edition
Home away from home
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Well I called to the states and can say you are absolutely correct!
Here is the link to the info. I also opened a giveaway where you can win a Deluxe Edition of the Children of Hurin. I was promised it will be first impressions!

Posted on: 2007/5/15 15:31

Just popping in
Group:
Shirefolk
Outstanding, that certainly clears things up! Looks like I got a first impression afterall. Thanks for all the additional information you gathered.

Posted on: 2007/5/15 16:09

Just popping in
Group:
Shirefolk
Just got my H-M Deluxe edition and it has the full numberline. Does anyone know whether the additional HM Deluxes that were printed to meet the preorder demand are actually officially a second impression (i.e with the '1' dropped off numberline) or if they just printed a bunch more of the 'first impression' (with the full numberline). It just struck me that they could have done either as they didn't ship the books out to retailers until the second batch had been printed. I guess this would be answered if anyone has seen one that is clearly a second impression out there in the wild...

Posted on: 2007/5/30 2:22

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]