Karl
1 day 45 minutes ago

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

CS Lewis [Internet sites?]
Just can't stay away
Group:
Shirefolk
As well as enjoying Tolkien, I've also taken an interest in CS Lewis and his works, both Christian apologetics and fiction. I was just curious if there were any sites for CS Lewis similar to the Tolkien collecting sites? I've looked around to no avail...any help is appreciated! thanks

Posted on: 2012/7/25 20:16

Edited by Khaml on 2013/4/24 13:34:27

Re: CS Lewis
Quite a regular
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
I have a reasonable collection of CS Lewis and I remember from some while ago that a forum started up called the Stone Table. Just had a google and its still there. Doesn't seem to have a lot of traffic but you might like to have a look.

Posted on: 2012/7/26 5:43

Just can't stay away
Group:
Shirefolk
Thanks Roccondil. What of CS Lewis do you enjoy collecting? I have been trying to find printing information for books like The Screwtape Letters and Mere Christianity. I know there's probably not great value in first printings (or maybe there is) of books like Mere Christianity, but I'm interested none the less. Thanks again

Posted on: 2012/7/26 10:59

Quite a regular
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Well, I've got a little of everything really, although I'm not quite as obsessive as with Tolkien. Like my Tolkien interests, it derives from what I found pleasure in reading when I was young. I have 1sts of the space trilogy and of the Narnia books (though mostly later impressions) and quite a lot of his religous and other books. I suppose my CS Lewis 'lucky find' was a 1st impression Screwtape in a book sale a few years ago. The interaction between Lewis and Tolkien has always fascinated me as well and I have several books covering that area. My most recent acquisition was mentioned in a thread on here and was a Pauline Baynes-signed illustration from The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe.

I've only recently been able to get all my Lewis and Tolkien books into a purpose-built library area, so now at last I can see what I've been collecting over the last few years. (How on earth did I end up with 5 copies of Morgoth's Ring? I've no idea...)

Posted on: 2012/7/26 15:49

Home away from home
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
"I have been trying to find printing information for books like The Screwtape Letters and Mere Christianity. I know there's probably not great value in first printings (or maybe there is) of books like Mere Christianity, but I'm interested none the less."

Peeta, this book should help you out:http://www.amazon.com/Pursuit-C-Lewis ... in+pursuit+of+c.+s.+lewis

It contains a decent bibliography of Lewis' 1st/1sts and distinguishing points.

I collect Lewis' first printings and some of them are quite valuable, especially a LW&W 1st, 1st with dj.

Posted on: 2012/7/26 16:17

(1) 2 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]