Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

update (sort of)
Thain
From California, USA
Group:
Thain
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Jeremy here. It's been an incredibly busy summer for me on all fronts, so the TolkienGuide website coasted for a while. Sorry about that! Lots of things planned for the site in the coming weeks

- a Ballantine paperback article
- the beginnings of a collectibles database, starting with books (probably Ballantine paperbacks ). Don't know if I can set it up to allow multiple administrators to let others contribute in areas of their specialty ( I don't collect everything...). Let me know other categories you are interested in having done sooner rather than later.
- site maintenance and cleanup
- tons of new links (feel free to submit your own!)

[For the very curious, the startup I co-founded was acquired this spring, so the day job has been taking a lot of time. ICTV Press Release. In addition, my wife and I are almost finished with the paper-chase to adopt a child from China. A very exciting time for us, but not very Tolkien related!]

Posted on: 2006/9/2 10:27

Re: update (sort of)
Home away from home
From UK
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Congratulations on both bits of great news!

Posted on: 2006/9/2 12:19

Home away from home
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Hey Jeremy... congratulations!

Fantastic news...

We all have our periods when nothing seems to happen (Tolkien related that is). And we all especially wish we had more time for doing more Tolkien stuff. But still a happy and healthy live is very important.

Having had a rough period lately i'm happy to play with my kids (half asian, my wife is Korean) and not do any updates... not work at my Tolkien site. Please enjoy your time and take your time... Tolkien Guide started of really nice and will slowly grow. Congrats once more!

Posted on: 2006/9/2 17:31

Home away from home
From The Green Hill Country
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Hi Jeremy -

It would seem you have done things the opposite of me. I got back into Tolkien (specifically collecting the calendars although I never stopped re-reading the books) when my youngest went to college. Without the homework tutoring, cross-country meets, and band concerts, I found myself with a lot more time. Best of luck and congratulations to your wife and you on the adoption. Just don't think that your life will ever be the same. It will be better and busier. Share your passions with your child and create your own "Mini Me".

Best,

Phil (Parmastahir)

Posted on: 2006/9/3 19:06

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.