Re: Elwe ebay auctions
Shirrif
From Scotland
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Shirrif
Two!?

Perhaps you could post one to me garm --& I can try &... err... work out what the code means. It might take a while though. In the mean time it will be perfectly safe on my shelves. Don't you worry!

BH

Posted on: 2013/2/19 9:27

Shirrif
From Scotland
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Shirrif
I don't think I'm jeopardising your auction Elwë by saying this --but can this go in the "Wonders" thread?

The Old English Exodus, J.R.R. Tolkien (1981/1982, Hardcover)

Over $300! (--& still running I might add.) Incredible. I blame your immense photography skills!

BH

Posted on: 2013/2/24 6:25

Just can't stay away
From Munich, Germany
Group:
Shirefolk
I was wondering too, that this books goes so high.
What is so special about it?

Posted on: 2013/2/24 6:41

Shirrif
From Scotland
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Shirrif
Honestly, I really don't know.

For a start Elwë has listed really well, as always. Interestingly, when you look at the very first post (from 2011), he had another copy which was (at the time of the post) going for the same price: $305.

It just doesn't come up very often & presumably quite a lot of copies went to libraries. Still, 3000 copies made (one impression) is quite a lot for how infrequently it surfaces. Just another annoying one if you wish to actually read it! Not a book I have, unfortunately.

BH

Posted on: 2013/2/24 6:46

Home away from home
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Yeah, I suppose it can go in 'wonders.' I am also baffled at the price this book commands, but I originally purchased it as an investment, and as of now, I'm still losing money! So I suppose I can't comment too much on what one should pay for this book! As for my copy, this is the only one I have ever had. I tried to sell it once before, but that sale fell through, so I held onto it until now.

Taking good photos is extremely important. As far as auctions go, I always have had the best luck starting it at a low price with no reserve. I think starting things very high is a big turn off to many people. I try to provide a lot of photos and then let the (eBay) market dictate the price.

Thanks for all the interest from TCG!

-Steve

Posted on: 2013/2/24 10:39

« 1 (2) 3 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.